Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every single place I call I get a different answer. I think my valve seals need to be replaced and I called Paisley and Bullish and got dramtically different quotes. Paisely quoted me $800 to do the job and Bullish told me $1900. Does the cylinder head have to come off to do the job. Paisley told me it does not and Bullish says yes. What would you charge at SP to do this job? Thanks for your help.

·
Supra OG
2,392 Posts
The head does not need to come off but some places will only do the job by removing the head; so that accounts for a wide range of estimates. There is a tech article on replacing the seals without removing the heads at the MKIV site: http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/valve_stem/index.html

·
411 HP GSXR / 203 HP Vrod
1,947 Posts
Paisley did my valve guide seals and the car stopped smoking at startup but now 5,000 miles later she's smoking again...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What are you going to do about it? Are they standing behind there work or are they giving you trouble about fixing it again? What are your impressions of Paisley after having your car worked on? I have never really heard anything bad about them.

·
411 HP GSXR / 203 HP Vrod
1,947 Posts
Paisley and his mechanic Rasheem are good guys. I'm sure that If I wanted to take the 250 mile hike back to Long Island they'd take care of me. The car seems to smoke upon startup like once every two days of driving. I can't seem to figure it out...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you call Paisley up and ask him what he thinks it may be? Could it be your turbo seals instead of the valve seals that are bad now? Good luck finding your problem. Take care

·
0 Posts
if they replaced your valve seals, try to replace the pcv valve as well...it could also be your turbo seal as well.

W

·
0 Posts
YOU SHOULD HAVE A TALK WITH PHIL IN GA

PHIL HAS DONE SEVERAL VALVE STEM SEAL JOBS...HE SUMITTED THAT MKIV ARTICLE

1 - 8 of 8 Posts