Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Supranian
2,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I may find a valve spring compressor that works on the supra heads. Every place I checked doesn't have the right kind. I bought a Craftsman one and it can get the valves apart alright but won't work for getting them back in. Anyway, maybe someone know of an ingenius way of putting them all back together.

·
Supranian
2,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, that valvemaster tool looks pretty cool.....but $95???

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
get in contact with a mac or matco(forgot) tool guy. there's a tool specifically to remove/install valves and the retainers. to remove it i just use a deeper socket that goes over the valve but yet still sits on the ring...like a 14 or something. put an extension over it just incase the retaining things dont fly out (most likely wont). tap the extension with small amount of force and it should pop right out. it wont fly and kill you.....good luck

pang

p.s. do not buy a tool to install valve seals. use a 10mm 1/4 deep socket...fits perfect..works fine. do not use a 3/8. might damage the edges

·
MKIII Owner and Dam proud
367 Posts
This is the tool I bought to do mine.

Replaced valve stems without removing the heads. Cost was about 40 from any local part store.

Good luck and take your time.

·
Supranian
2,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's exactly what I am looking for. Now to hunt one down at my local auto parts store....Thanks guys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts