Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, so got the JUN cams and am in the process of installing them but had a question.
these have slightly higher lift than the HKS 264's, would this require aftermarket springs? red line will be stock and its a BPU car.
i have a set of Crower Ti springs and retainers that i was holding on to for build in the future but if i have to i'll throw them in there. i really don't think its necessary but thought i'd get more opinions.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I put the BC 264 cams in mine. Their instructions say upgraded springs aren't required, but I figured since I had the head off, why not do the springs at the same time. Since you already have them, it's just a few hours of work to put them in.

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you for the replies. i'm actually doing valve seals too so it really wouldnt be any extra work. just a waste of money if theyre not needed.

·
Super Moderator
10,362 Posts
What is the lift and duration on your Jun cams?

Ken.

·
Super Moderator
10,362 Posts
I have HKS 264 cams on one car and 272s on another. The lift is 9 mm on the 264s and 9.3 on the 272s. Regardless, I have an all Ferrea valve train on both cars for piece of mind, because both motors are built and because of the higher redlines in both cars. Speaking personally, I'm always going to do valve springs whenever I install aftermarket cams. Highly recommended and one less thing to worry about, especially now when so many motors have high to very high miles on them.

Ken.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts