Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up everyone? Can anyone recommend a reputable shop to get my valve stem seals replaced. It's not too bad right now, but woud prefer to have them fixed. Any recommendations? Price is an issue, please keep in mind. Anyone want to do some work on the side? Oh btw, I am in South Jersey

Mike

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Have you pulled the head? Depending on your mileage, you may want to call up some machine shops. I was priced out $500 labor + parts to have my GE head pressure tested, seals replaced, valves checked and cleaned up, etc. Depending on if anything needed to be replaced ( bad valve, cam, etc. ) it was going to cost around $700 - $1000 to have it rebuild and made new again.

If this is too much, I would try to find a local buddy to help you out in replacing these valve stem seals. Most shops will hammer you on the cost to do this, and will probably charge you more than the $1000 rebuild cost above if you removed the head yourself.

Is this a daily driver? You only ride?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WhiteBlazze,

Thanks for the quick reply! This is def. not a daily driver. I have not pulled the head and to be honest, do not have the time nor the know-how. I'd rather leave it to someone who knows what they are doing. All of the shoips I have inquired on stated about 1k to 1400k for labor and parts. Just wondering if anyone had another source, or if anyone local wanted to under take the task.

Mike

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
I'd help you do the valve stem seals or even pull the head...but not really that local.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts