Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about replacing the valve stem seals on my MKIV. Anyone here in SA done it before or has experience? Much appreciate it?

·
Raising the BAR
3,325 Posts
Thinking about replacing the valve stem seals on my MKIV. Anyone here in SA done it before or has experience? Much appreciate it?
I'm in College Station, but I'm doing it for the second time on my car so if you need any advice or you wanna take the car down here for a weekend we can knock it out.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I just finished mine, but im up in fort worth.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm in College Station, but I'm doing it for the second time on my car so if you need any advice or you wanna take the car down here for a weekend we can knock it out.
I might take you up on that. How far is it from SA?

·
Raising the BAR
3,325 Posts
Did you follow a manual or a how to? Special tools? Is it a pain?
Yes, I did follow a manual the first time, yes there are special tools and I had to make a special tool to do the job. It is a HUGE pain.

·
Raising the BAR
3,325 Posts
^ that is a very good read. The only thing that sucks is the tools are all special order and you can next to never find them at a local store.

·
Raising the BAR
3,325 Posts
What would a shop charge to do springs, retainers, cams ?
If I had Alldata loaded back up on to my laptop I would give you a precise price, but it takes up to much space, so just call around.

·
Registered
392 Posts

·
Raising the BAR
3,325 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I’m done with my valves and timing belt. Now I’ve got a big question. After installing the timing belt and putting all the settings lined up in the crank pulley and the cam pulleys I’m dumbfounded. When I crank the crankshaft (clockwise) one full turn all the lines matchup, but if I crank it one more full turn the lines on the cam pulleys are pointing upside down. Am I doing something wrong?
help please. I’m super frustrated and tired of crap.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts