Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· ?!!?HABBA BABBA??!!
4,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just something I was thinking about a second ago. How possible is it with the timing belt off for valves to open far enough to be able to touch each other? Is it possible with stock cams? with any HKS cam? etc?

· Registered
592 Posts
with large cams with a fair amount of duration and overlap and adjustable cam gears its very possible.

I just started using a cam degree fixture wheel for some of our motors that up until a short bit ago werent available. I have seen some great improvements on the honda motors we do, especially turbo cars, and understanding exactly where to place the exhaust cam and how it affects actually helping pull the exhaust gas out with a negative pressure

· Administrator
11,505 Posts
Our motors become interference when an bone stock motor thats never been decked/machined has cams with 10mm of lift or greater.

HKS 280 cams on an untouched motor will not be interference. Some of the bigger custom grinds Crower/BC/GSC/Crane will have some cams with a lift of 10mm or greater.

If your head has been decked or block planed the clearances between the head and block have changed and it will take a smaller lift cam to now become interference.

You should however make a habit of installing ANY cam interference or not as IF they were interference. That way you will put your worries at rest.

-Matt

· ?!!?HABBA BABBA??!!
4,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well im not really talking about valves hitting pistons here...I am talking about valve to valve contact. Not even worried about the block area.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.