Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you guys think about valvoline maxlife. i was running a valvoline 10w-40 durablend before and the leakage was bad. Im too cheap right now to fix a gasket or whatever is leaking so i chose to use this oil that claims it will recondition gaskets. Anyone have any expeience about valvoline max life?

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
ma70kid said:
what do you guys think about valvoline maxlife. i was running a valvoline 10w-40 durablend before and the leakage was bad. Im too cheap right now to fix a gasket or whatever is leaking so i chose to use this oil that claims it will recondition gaskets. Anyone have any expeience about valvoline max life?
good oil..the only thing that reconditions gaskets is new ones.

·
25psi = 14" brakes :)
2,306 Posts
Way back in like 1985, I used an oil called areo. It was parafin wax based, and extremely thick stuff when cold. (Like you can't pour it.)

That slowed down my SBC leaks in the 73 Camaro I had at the time. (Turned out to be my oil pressure sending unit was cracked, and leaking, not the main seal I thought it was.) Simple 25.00 fix, and a hour's time.

Fix your leaks, and don't run parafin wax based oil... LOL

I'm a fan of full synthetics like Mobile One, RedLine or AmsOil. (Shaffer Oil has some good oils too, but often you have to buy it in bulk cans of 5 gal or more.)

·
DDDDUUUUUBBBBBZZZZZZZZ
2,022 Posts
Maxlife will not make your leaks disseapear. If you want to be ghetto about it, just throw in a bottle of stop leak. That is more effective at rejuvenating gaskets and seals and possibly stopping small leaks.

I am a personal fan of redline too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts