2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i paid 3700 for mine
i have 5mil 3rd party coverage, full collision deducable, fully loaded
I was wonder if u can insure ur supra under 3k

·
Registered
254 Posts
93.5 MKIV TT 1800 a year under my dad 43% off. 2 mill, 300 deductible, everything.....under my name I guess you would add 33%?

·
Canada, Eh?
2,398 Posts
i was paying around $950 for my 88T, full coverage, comprehensive, collision, $3 mil liability. im in victoria, just across the water.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Im currently paying $1800 for 6mos. with $300 deductable, $2mil liability, collision and my 10% off. Im not in Vancouver, but thought i would pitch in :p

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
ill find out on saturday :D

·
Check Your Face!!!
1,417 Posts
1550 for a year, this includes 2 mill liability, full fire, theft, flood and glass coverage. no actual collision though but i drive good so he he, plus i just got a government rebate of 583 bucks, thanks ralf!!! :evil:

·
HKS T51R
2,732 Posts
when i get mine i think im going to get collison, unless its P.O.S condition, but if i get the one i hope its getting colision no matter what the cost

·
SF Zombie hunter
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ya but u pay like over 1k for collision stuff, but i think is worth it since when u just started driving and anything could happen

·
HKS T51R
2,732 Posts
^^ lol ya, i drive like an old lady :p cops are just waiting to give me tickets for everything. lol especially because i dont look my age. if your a newish driver i would get colision, unless the car is a p.o.s. but i would get liability just in case something bad happened lol

·
27836-12121
1,310 Posts
2damaxsupra said:
ya but u pay like over 1k for collision stuff, but i think is worth it since when u just started driving and anything could happen
that's why you are paying $3700+ for your insurance, but I guess it's worth it if you hit cars at random.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
whats the point in getting collision on a ~ $6000 car? if you wreck it and make a claim, your jacked up insurance rates will cost $6k or more over the years it takes to get back to base rate. Let alone the cost of collision insurance itself. Do the math!

My insurance, 2 mil and fire/theft, is ~ 110 month for pleasure only or ~140 month for school / work. Im at - 10%.

·
Us And Them
1,038 Posts
i can't remember exactly but i think it's about 3200 with no collision and %55 surcharge from my accident when i was 18. ( a prelude decided to play chicken with me and ran me off the road and i fell off the road into a field in my Toyota Pickup.)

My insurance will be renewed next month so i'll make a post about it or add to this one if i can find it.

·
Newbe....I know nothing!
1,853 Posts
I have all mine maxed out and it is $1600 a year with my -43% Road Star discount. One of the benifits of getting older and driving like an old lady.

Jeremy:D

·
Canada, Eh?
2,398 Posts
haha thats for damn sure. im at 40% now, got into a minor accident (cracked the paint on his bumper), but im paying it off so it wont effect my insurance.

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
It is a good idea to have collision if the car is worth something wether it is 17 years old or not. I wouldn't drive around without collision. It would be different I guess if the car was rusted, junk (Like my last Turkle :p) or ... ..then I don't think i would bother. I actually had insurance on it but the basics.

I pay around 1500 ish ( can't remember exactly) a year full coverage and the car in my name > not my parents. That alone would bring some of the guys insurance down. Especially,the younger crowd.

Like Jeremy said, good times in getting older and getting discounts for driving like an old person :p

Duane

1 - 20 of 29 Posts