Supra Forums banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
6,137 Posts
Eggy said:
Also, it needs bigger vents in the sides. I dont think those could house a family of more than 4.
it was air cooled IIRC... :D

·
Space for sale
983 Posts
Mclaren F1 with a body kit

·
shotaro kaneda
2,048 Posts
Russia1 said:
There's lots of rice on there, only going to show once again that money doesn't buy good taste.

What is this?
a McLaren F1 Longtail GTR. the rarest of all the McLaren F1s, it's an evolution of the McLaren F1 GTR that won Le Man outright in 1995 (even beating the prototypes!). they lengthened the tail, modified the wing, and changed the nose to make the car more stable and more aerodynamic. while the car didn't win Le Mans outright like it's sister the original McLaren F1 GTR, it did win the GT1 class again in 1997.

i'd kill to get my hands on one, you guys can take your bitch ass lambos and ferraris and drive them into a wall. :D

·
Champagne Papi
5,700 Posts
kaneda said:
a McLaren F1 Longtail GTR. the rarest of all the McLaren F1s, it's an evolution of the McLaren F1 GTR that won Le Man outright in 1995 (even beating the prototypes!). they lengthened the tail, modified the wing, and changed the nose to make the car more stable and more aerodynamic. while the car didn't win Le Mans outright like it's sister the original McLaren F1 GTR, it did win the GT1 class again in 1997.

i'd kill to get my hands on one, you guys can take your bitch ass lambos and ferraris and drive them into a wall. :D

hmmmm.......... F50GT> McLaren F1 Longtail GTR

·
shotaro kaneda
2,048 Posts
PaKmaN said:
hmmmm.......... F50GT> McLaren F1 Longtail GTR
PaKman, you should learn to think before you speak.

if you actually knew anything about the F50 GT you would know that in 1995 the year the F50GT was supposed to enter the 24 hours of le mans (it's sole purpose for existing) Ferrari became scared of McLaren, Toyota, Mercedes and Porsche and subsequently cancelled their project. the F50 with it's whopping 380 lb-ft of torque was no match for the powerful BMW V12 of the McLaren with it's easily accesible powerband. while the F50GT was very powerful (750 HP vs. the BMWs 630) it had very little torque and was difficult to keep in the powerband because of it's necessity to rev so high to make power (10,000 RPM), this also raised various reliability concerns as the F50 GT would have had to go through such a stressful rev cycle over and over for 24 hours and something like 3000 miles race distance. Ferrari decided that their efforts would be better spent in F1 racing and as such, the McLaren F1 GTR went on to win le mans twice, while the ailing obsolete Ferrari F40GTs continued their long standing tradition of placing no higher than 13th the few times they actually finished the race (Ferrai just loves those DNFs).

outside of testing and those that fell into a few privateer hands, the F50GT never saw a race track and still hasn't won any major motorsports event.

McLaren F1 Longtail GTR > Ferrari F50 GT

:dunce:

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
6,137 Posts
BMW Isetta > McLaren Long Tail.

·
Champagne Papi
5,700 Posts
kaneda said:
PaKman, you should learn to think before you speak.

if you actually knew anything about the F50 GT you would know that in 1995 the year the F50GT was supposed to enter the 24 hours of le mans (it's sole purpose for existing) Ferrari became scared of McLaren, Toyota, Mercedes and Porsche and subsequently cancelled their project. the F50 with it's whopping 380 lb-ft of torque was no match for the powerful BMW V12 of the McLaren with it's easily accesible powerband. while the F50GT was very powerful (750 HP vs. the BMWs 630) it had very little torque and was difficult to keep in the powerband because of it's necessity to rev so high to make power (10,000 RPM), this also raised various reliability concerns as the F50 GT would have had to go through such a stressful rev cycle over and over for 24 hours and something like 3000 miles race distance. Ferrari decided that their efforts would be better spent in F1 racing and as such, the McLaren F1 GTR went on to win le mans twice, while the ailing obsolete Ferrari F40GTs continued their long standing tradition of placing no higher than 13th the few times they actually finished the race (Ferrai just loves those DNFs).

outside of testing and those that fell into a few privateer hands, the F50GT never saw a race track and still hasn't won any major motorsports event.

McLaren F1 Longtail GTR > Ferrari F50 GT

:dunce:
:lol: Relax!! IMO F50GT>Anything. I love F50 I wasn't sayign its better than the mclaren when it comes to performance, just my opinion.:D

·
Registered
50 Posts
PaKmaN said:
:lol: Relax!! IMO F50GT>Anything. I love F50 I wasn't sayign its better than the mclaren when it comes to performance, just my opinion.:D
No, you thought you would make an assumption about a car that you thought was better and then discovered it was not, so your unibrow self decided that you would play a front...lose some weight and pluck that brow bud..haha

·
Beats and Rhythm
2,732 Posts
Bugatti EB110 is my uttermost favorite supercar ever.
QUAD TURBO V12......

"The EB110 is no sheep in wolf's clothing. Complimenting the heavy set styling is a mammoth of an engine. A quad-turbo, 3.5 litre, 60 valve, aluminium and titanium V12 sits to the rear of the driver. This incredible engine delivers around 560bhp and 450 lbs/ft of torque to the road via Bugatti's unique four wheel drive system, with 73% to the rear wheels and 27% to the front."

though if i had the chance to own either the McLaren F1 or the Bugatti EB110 ( s)....i dont really know which i would take:(

-Jonathan

·
Beats and Rhythm
2,732 Posts
Bugatti EB110S interior:

EB110 SPEC

MAX SPEED

218 mph (351 km/h)
ACCELERATION 0-60 - 4.3 seconds
0-100 - 9.2 seconds
ENGINE Quad turbo V-12, 3499cc
MAX POWER 611 bhp @ 8250 rpm