Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of any LCD screens that can read VCD's? Cause i've got like 50 VCD Movies and i want to be able to play em in the car.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Doesnt somebody know. I know one of you guys has to work for a stereo shop or know somebody who does.

I'd love to get the New Pioneer DVD/LCD all in one unit but im not sure it even has the ability to read VCD's

·
Registered
78 Posts
the new pioneer monitor does play DVD/VCD/CD/CD-RW. i have the pioneer DVD changer in my car. it basically does the same thing as the DVD monitor.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I know that the Kenwood DVD monitor, KVD-910dvd, does NOT play the VCD's cause I made my friend a VCD and it would only play like it was skipping majorly, and when I tried it in my other friends external DVD player (forget the brand but it wasn't a well known company, it looked exactly like the Blaupunkt player) it worked perfectly.

·
Registered
658 Posts
SupraDreamer said:
I know that the Kenwood DVD monitor, KVD-910dvd, does NOT play the VCD's cause I made my friend a VCD and it would only play like it was skipping majorly, and when I tried it in my other friends external DVD player (forget the brand but it wasn't a well known company, it looked exactly like the Blaupunkt player) it worked perfectly.

if anyone knows an exact model # of a dvd player that plays VCDs and CDRS/CDRW then please let me know..i'm gonna start putting a system together and definately want a dvd player that can support the vcd + cdr/cdrw combination.

thanks

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just out of curiosity... when u drive why would u want a dvd player and stuff..??
either u watch almost none of it... or u end up watching enuff of it to get u killed...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Why don't you just check the manufactures websites, they will tell you if their monitors support dvd and vcd. I believe that both the brand new pioneer and the new clarion both support dvd/vcd.

The pioneer website is down right now but it should be up soon.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
xPoPox said:
just out of curiosity... when u drive why would u want a dvd player and stuff..??
either u watch almost none of it... or u end up watching enuff of it to get u killed...
Its not just for the driver. and its mostly for long road trips where the radio and cd's get boring. Just hook up a PS2 to it and play some video games.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just to update you guys, I was told by Pioneer that their new AVX-7300 DVD does play VCD's er well thats what their Rep. told me

·
road hazard
452 Posts
SupraDreamer said:
i know this is a little late responding but...just wondering, was the VCD a burned copy? if so, the head unit might not have been the problem. its possible that the head unit could play burned VCDs but couldn't read the CDR. some head units skip a lot on low quality CDRs. i remember my brother's old school alpine cd player skipped a lot with a CDR full of music that i burned.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've tried multiple CDR VCD's in the CVA-1005 and nothing. Even the DVA-1505(?) doesnt read em.

·
Banned
336 Posts
I have a headunit thats made for VCD/CD/MP3 with onscreen filename support. I took it out of the car and just want to sell it. e-mail me if you're intrested. It comes with its own screen.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
it works on kenwood kvt 910-dvd!!!

i was soooo saddened when i heard the kenwood kvt 910-dvd was not able to play cd-r vcds.

so i took a bunch of vcd that i made with nero 5.5.1 and i used everythign from crappy see through cds, to some new tdks, and verbatim, and took them down to the local stereo shop.

all the vcds played perfectly...even the cd+rw's

·
Registered
658 Posts
Re: it works on kenwood kvt 910-dvd!!!

goYankees69 said:
i was soooo saddened when i heard the kenwood kvt 910-dvd was not able to play cd-r vcds.

so i took a bunch of vcd that i made with nero 5.5.1 and i used everythign from crappy see through cds, to some new tdks, and verbatim, and took them down to the local stereo shop.

all the vcds played perfectly...even the cd+rw's
wow sweet
but that unit is like 2000 or 2500!!!
i wonder if any of the new alpine units can play vcd + cdr / cdrw media....

please keep the input comming ;)

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
both of these play vcds-
Pioneer AVX-P7300D - $1180
Panasonic DVR909U - $550

the pioneer one has a built-in 7" monitor and the panasonic has no screen but the panasonic one is the only moblie dvd player right now that can decode dvd-audio.

·
Cope, the dip of champs!
267 Posts
Sort of off the exact subject but this is what I have found. For those standalone dvd players that play vcds but do not like cdrs try Princo brand cdrs. I got a sony dvd player that hated every brand of cdr til I switched over to Princos. Maybe the Princo cdrs will play in those that are vcd compatible but say they are not cdr compatible.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts