Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Sunday, October 1st

Votes: 17 77.3%
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just spoke with Keith about the road racing event for the Vegas meet. It looks like Pahrump might be booked up, but LVMS has a new outside road course that might be a good option.

The only question is what would be the better day for everyone. Wednesday the 27th or Sunday October 1st. I would prefer the Wednesday, but I thought it might be prudent to gather interest here.

·
www.ziptieracing.com
1,785 Posts
there are too many sticky threads. I didn't notice this one until now.

What group has booked parhump? why don't we talk to them and just sign up for thier event?

But either way, sunday all the way.

·
Registered
857 Posts
fyi - pahrump (SMMP) track is about 1000 times better/fun than LVMS outside course. Historically LVMS is harder to book. I'll do either track though.

Just call SMMP (John Morris or Traci) @ 800.391.6891 and see if they can accomodate you guys.. they are great people and might be able to work something out.. giving Supra their own run groups or something.

Sunday fo' sho'

n

·
www.ziptieracing.com
1,785 Posts
thats so sweet of you Chris. You want to room with us too? :p

We should find out who is hosting spring mountain that weekend. I would prefer to drive both days and hand out with supra folks in the evening. You know the show and shine or drags or dyno aren't really my speed.

And I agree with Nils. LVMS sucks.

·
Premium Member
10,169 Posts
turbomx5 said:
thats so sweet of you Chris. You want to room with us too? :p
:ugh2: :nutkickhi

Agreed on the other plans. No f-ing way i'm driving to Vegas though -- I'll just rent a car.

·
Original Owner
3,975 Posts
sunday please! most of us can't take off work in the middle of the week!

·
Registered
857 Posts
Looks like PCA of San Diego has that day booked. If I was Keith I'd still call SMMP and talk to them.

good luck.

n

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm in no matter where it is, as long as it actually happens this year. I think i was the only one last year to show up to the track day that was "not officially" part of the supra meet. I think PCA ran that event as well, don't really remember too well. It scares me that only 4 people are actually expressing any interest in this. Oh well, a i can do is expect the worst, hope for the best, and see what happens.
I would rather Wednesday, nothing like starting the supra meet off with some track time!

Joe

·
Supras Invade Las Vegas
2,385 Posts
There are currently 19 people RSVPd at http://Vegas.Supras.Org/v06 that have said they want to do the Road Course. We will need to do better than that if we are going to convince anyone to put this track day together for us.

The San Diego Porsche Club has the Pahrump track (I agree that it is 1000X better than the LVMS track). Maybe someone can contact them and see if they would like a bunch of Supra guys to join them on Sunday. Doing the Pahrump track on Wednesday is out as they are running a school and their "member" day.

Keith

·
WI-FI FTW, GTFO fuse box!
8,108 Posts
I am in, but I don't know what day is better yet.

·
www.ziptieracing.com
1,785 Posts
I'll attend the PCA day, no problem. Not that it matters too much as a non supra. In fact, I could easily see myself doing the whole weekend.

I did the PCA weekend last year too. (or atleast half of it before the car was stolen) I don't think you will be able to get Nils to go back to PCA tho. They don't like people whose driving is a danger to themselves and others. :))

·
Registered
857 Posts
ha ha.. lol... I remember that weekend, that was when you were there? ...those 'track officials' were way out of line... freaking out for no reason.

I'll go though if there are a bunch of Supras out there. They wont remember the car, specially if I paint my wheels orange or something ;)

n

·
Registered
81 Posts
turbomx5 said:
I'll attend the PCA day, no problem. Not that it matters too much as a non supra. In fact, I could easily see myself doing the whole weekend.

I did the PCA weekend last year too. (or atleast half of it before the car was stolen) I don't think you will be able to get Nils to go back to PCA tho. They don't like people whose driving is a danger to themselves and others. :))
I went to that event also, i think i was the only supra that actually went. Well, it technically wasn't part of the event. If i remember right, i think i used your sweater, because they required long sleeves and i didn't go equipped for a cold day. Any word on a track event or no? If not i will see if i can get into the PCA event as well, might do the weekend thing also.

·
Feck Off My Internets
1,157 Posts
as always if there is a track day im in like flynn.. paypal ready to go :p

·
Supras Invade Las Vegas
2,385 Posts
OK... we picked up another 11 rsvps for the track day (new total is 31).

IF we could still get the pahrump track (booked by the SDPCA) the cost right now would be $250 per person - if all 31 of those people paid. Unfortunately the LVMS track is more expensive.

I was working with a company to put this together but now they are not even returning my calls.

If anyone else has some ideas please let me know. When we did the track day in 2002 it was the second largest activity on the schedule (Show-and-Shine was #1).

On the bright side - I am not stressing out about possibly losing a $1500 track deposit like I was last year (we did get the deposit back last year with some serious help).

Keith Hart
Supras Invade Las Vegas

·
Registered
857 Posts
Keithh said:
OK... we picked up another 11 rsvps for the track day (new total is 31).

IF we could still get the pahrump track (booked by the SDPCA) the cost right now would be $250 per person - if all 31 of those people paid. Unfortunately the LVMS track is more expensive.
Why is that unfortunate? I am telling you that the LVMS road course is lame compared to SMMP. Unfortunate for convenience reasons?

Keithh said:
I was working with a company to put this together but now they are not even returning my calls.

If anyone else has some ideas please let me know. When we did the track day in 2002 it was the second largest activity on the schedule (Show-and-Shine was #1).

On the bright side - I am not stressing out about possibly losing a $1500 track deposit like I was last year (we did get the deposit back last year with some serious help).

Keith Hart
Supras Invade Las Vegas
Did you call SMMP directly and talk to them? Did you call San Diego PCA and talk with them?

n

·
Registered
857 Posts
This is for all you guys considering... look at this marvelous track....

n

·
Supras Invade Las Vegas
2,385 Posts
The unfortunate was for the fact that LVMS is more expensive. I totally agree that the LVMS course is lame compared to the Pahrump track. LVMS is very proud of their entire facility and charge a premium for everything.

I have an email out to the PCASDR folks asking if they would be open to having a bunch of Supras join them.

I also have an email out to SMMP to ask what "Registry" is on the 28th on the 1.5mile radical loop. There are only two days out of the entire year with that listed.

I will post more info as I get it.

Keith Hart
Supras Invade Las Vegas
The Largest Supra Event on the Planet!
September 28 - 30, 2006
Scenic Drive
Dyno Challenge
Poker Tournament
Show-and-Shine
Drag Showdown
Hotel rates now online.

·
Registered
857 Posts
The radical loop is the old track configuration before they expanded. It is smaller and more technical, well maybe not more technical but very demanding.

The full 3.5 mile configuration would suit & benfit the Supra better for its size & power. So I'd recommend shooting for that. John over there ( the owner ) is surprisingly pleasant and easy to work with. But since PCA already got it I'd guess it be better to talk to them.

I recommend asking for an Supra specific run group with PCA that sunday, if possible, PCA are pretty anal.

good luck.. hope to see you guys out there.

n

1 - 20 of 46 Posts