Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Getrag Gearhead
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dusty, I found these while surfing Veilside in suspension. These are transmission member collars according to veilside. It appears that these billet replacement for the two rubber bushings that go into the side of the tripod that supports the shifter on a JZA80 getrag. According to veilside there isn't a vehicle listing. Since the getrag in the JZA80 and the BNR34 are internally almost identical there is a very good posibility that if these bushings are made for a BNR34 that it will fit the JZA80. Either ways their only $90. Could you inquire on these for me the next time you get a chance.

Thanx, Dusty

Joe Hussain

·
Premium Member
10,090 Posts
Joe,

Good news. They will make them for the Supra again if I order 10 sets. They used to make them but discontinued. If I want 10 sets I can get Supra-specific made for us!

Thanks,

Dusty

·
Wholesome creamy goodness
655 Posts
What exactly will these do these bushings do?

·
Registered
380 Posts
well if they're anything like the billet bushings I had made for my eclipse then pretty much they just stabilize the shifter and give you a somewhat better feel. Basically the shifter tripod sits on rubber bushings now that have some play in them and these will just eliminate that play. I'm curious to see how these perform. The one's in my eclipse were awesome and their only downfall was the added vibration felt in the shifter. But I'm sure Dusty know's way more about them than I do.

·
Getrag Gearhead
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I am in.I had to replace mine a week ago when i change my clutch,luckly i had another shifter i could take them off.

·
Original Owner
3,975 Posts
i'll take one

·
EchoDeDupra
4,122 Posts
how hard are these to install?

·
Inline for the win
4,727 Posts

·
Getrag Gearhead
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Supradedupra said:
how hard are these to install?
Easy. I'll post on how to replace them. All you need is a couple of sockets and a vice.

Joe.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts