Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone here had it and if they like it. how loud is it? does it give much power? Ive heard its extremely lightweight.

·
www.ziptieracing.com
1,785 Posts
I've got it. It is kinda loud (like all large diameter supra exhausts - ie HKS Ti) but it is quite at cruising speeds. You can also buy a silencer to use with it if you want.

It is gorgous and weighs 8 lbs. I wouldn't put another exhaust on my car.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was told that it was pretty quiet. Now that someone who owns this has cleared that up, I may get it. It is such pretty part! :)

·
Registered
373 Posts
Get it, you'll be happy with it. I have it also and the quality of the veilside is unbelievable. I don't think it is loud at all, but then again I like louder exhausts. You can definitely tell the car has an exhaust system though, the way it rumbles. It is extremely lightweight also.

·
Just Cruisin' Thru
663 Posts
I have it. Yes it IS a pretty part :D ! I think it's kinda loud, too, but it doesn't bother me personally. My neighbor says she hears me shifting gears when I come and go though and she lives at the back of a 4 acre property. Anyway I really like the way it looks, its sound and the weight!

EDIT - and of course the silencer would probably decrease the HP gain you get with it.

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
In my opinion the exhaust is fucking LOUD!!! But I do have a single on my car. The other day a friend asked what I did to my car that was different b/c she didn't remember the car being that loud. I replied I swapped to a Veilside exhaust, all Ti' and only weighs 8-9lbs!!!

*Note I use to have a Tanabe Racing Medallion and that exhaust is freakin loud, but the Veilside is one up on it:eek:

·
Registered
570 Posts
Chucky Doll said:
In my opinion the exhaust is fucking LOUD!!! But I do have a single on my car. The other day a friend asked what I did to my car that was different b/c she didn't remember the car being that loud. I replied I swapped to a Veilside exhaust, all Ti' and only weighs 8-9lbs!!!

*Note I use to have a Tanabe Racing Medallion and that exhaust is freakin loud, but the Veilside is one up on it:eek:
NICE car chucky.. I always wanted to tell you that ;) :D

I was also wondering about this, I have the Apexi N1 on my car right now and I was really considering getting the HKS Ti.. I remember Ken Henderson posted something about the aftermarket Ti exhausts and the HKS Ti made something like 38 more rwhp than anyother of the exhausts tested and the Veilside was one of the other exhausts in the shootout, this was at a 700 or so rwhp level tho.. I am interested in the HKS Ti.. anyone have experience with both of them? Any suggestions?

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
SP71Supra said:
NICE car chucky.. I always wanted to tell you that ;) :D

I was also wondering about this, I have the Apexi N1 on my car right now and I was really considering getting the HKS Ti.. I remember Ken Henderson posted something about the aftermarket Ti exhausts and the HKS Ti made something like 38 more rwhp than anyother of the exhausts tested and the Veilside was one of the other exhausts in the shootout, this was at a 700 or so rwhp level tho.. I am interested in the HKS Ti.. anyone have experience with both of them? Any suggestions?
Thanks for the kind words. The turbo in your sig looks sick:eek:

I believe Ken Henderson stated that on a stock engine the Veilside Ti' is louder than the HKS Ti, but hopefully he will chime in.

Yes, the HKS did make more peak HP, but its peanuts in my opinion b/c you won't see .1 out of it at the track. The HKI TI' is also a pig compared to the Veilside, lol.

* I will say that I'm not one of the big dawgs, lol. I'm in the low 700whp level :p

T

·
0 Posts
The thought of having a $1000 exhaust getting scrapped up in New england the roads are horrible! Since Ti is lighter...is it much softer?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts