Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friday night at SP Engineering the Veilside Ti exhaust was trying on a BPU Supra.

The car belongs to Chris there...i don't remember the exact details, but the base run was about 350hp. the car also had a clutch that was slipping.

The exhaust bolted on gained approx 30lbs of torque starting at about 3500 rpm and saw an increase in about 10hp, it could have been more but the clutch started to slip.

The Db rating at 6000 RPM was about 110db. Below 4,000 rpms it registered around 98 Db.

A run on a completely base supra will be done later, for more accurate results.

Regardless the run was very impressive. There were witnesses, including (mr K. Henderson?...black SP supra) as well. SP probably has more details than me...honestly i don't know any more specifics
The bad thing (HONEST TO GOD) was there printer was out of ink, so i dont have the dyno sheet. There are some digital pictures somewhere that SP has.

I'll make sure they post the results of a base supra run.

J
0 Posts
Veilside xhaust is bad ass, buy it. Only 7 coming to the United States. Definetly going on my car Ray =). Total weight of the exhaust is a mere 10-15 lbs. Very light exhaust. Dynoed with these mods:

Blitz fmic
HKs evc 3 (turned off)
SP DP
Akimoto Filter

Dynoed 345HP @1.1 boost w/stock exhaust 355lbs torque

Next Dyno (Clutch started to slip, let off at 5200RPM)
Dynoed [email protected] w/veilside exhaust 385lbs Torque

definetly as you can see guys, more power can be made the torque is their and it can make more power. Taken for granted my stock turbos are going cause white smoke is blowing out and i have about 110k miles on it.

Chris
SP Engineering

·
Registered
171 Posts
Well, I stopped by SP on Friday too... And I held that Veilside Titanium exhaust for a second... And I must say, that thing is EXTREMELY light! The entire system (piping and muffler) felt like it weighed about 7 lbs to me… It easily weighed less than half what my HKS Carbon Fiber / Titanium exhaust systems weighs! :D

By the way, thanks for showing me around the shop Chris! You guys sure have a lot of nice cars over there!

M

·
0 Posts
I dont see what difference 10-20 lbs. is going to make when your car already weighs 3500 lbs. ;)

those are nice power gains though

1 - 4 of 4 Posts