Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 190 Posts

· Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is how I got frauded from TLFPerformance tlfsupra89. I will be posting negative on ebay soon despite the seller threatening negative in return. I will be taking a negative to help others not get scammed. I will also be e-mailing all potential buyers and directing them to this forum to see the truth before they buy. So all other stories posted here will be appreciated. I am also currently in a legal battle with him.

We initially ordered 6 x 680cc injectors. Installed them and 2 were stuck open causing the engine to flood and so much gas to fill the manifold that it actaully ignited and burnt the control unit for my wideband. Tried to get a refund but that prick TOM FOLDER says it was my fault. That I had dirt in my fuel rail. So I had the other 4 injectors flowed test and the results were: 1 x 619cc , 1x 494cc, 1 x 812cc, 1 x 738cc. How could they be soo far off. So I decided to investigate the matter further and ordered another set of 800cc under an alais. Had them flow tested and the results: 1 x719cc, 1 x 876cc, 1 x 854cc, 1 x 612cc, 1 x 745cc, 1 x 818cc. If we would have installed these injectors and adjusted for a 12.3 a/f ratio at WOT and 14.6 at idle we probably wouldn't even have noticed a problem. Despite each indiviual cylinder running at a completely different a/f ratio. Doing this as well all know will cause the engine to burn up and fail extremely quickly. I have a buddy with these injectors installed who since then has been through 2 engines and does not know why but continues to use these injectors thinking the problem is elsewhere. The bottom line is if you have these injectors installed REMOVE THEM immediatly or they will RUIN your engine. If you don't remove them I will fly down to where you are and take away your Supra because if you are torturing it this way you don't deserve to have one!

Dear Sir,
I installed the injectors today and all they did was flood the engine.
I am using a standalone system for tuning and no matter how much I try to lean it out all it would do is flood. I am sending them back to you first thing and expect my refund. I can only hope there is no damage to my engine after this.
John

what do you have your stand alone set at?
Those injectors are flow tested so you have something in there wrong.
Tom Folder

I don't have anything set up wrong.
Two of the injectors are stuck open.
The other's are COMPLETELY wrong as well.
It looks like they were just drilled out and refurbished.
John

The injectors must have stuff in them when they malfunction they stay wide open.
Thanks
Thomas Folder

John I sent them out and they came back .They had dirt in them when you installed them,did you clean your fuel rail before installing?
After they were cleaned them they were flow tested and they are right on the flow sheet.
Thanks
Thomas Folder

I don't want to take this risk again when I do the repairs to my block. I am just going to put my old injectors back in.
Can you please give me a refund so I can pay to get my car back on the road.
John

John,
They had dirt from your fuel rail in them. No refund for you and now and no injectors.
Thomas Folder

· Premium Member
2,776 Posts
We had the same problem with a motor we built and we had the 680cc injectors with map ecu installed. The company sent out a flow sheet so we assumed everything was good but every time we would try to start the motor it would flood the motor with fuel and we kept changing the oil every time it happend in which the end result caused barring failure! I wonder if there is anyway to seak legal actions agenst the company who sell them?

· Ticketing Ricers Evrywhre
2,193 Posts
Man, I would get on every car forum you could think of an post this. That way Venom would lose complete customer respect and trust. What a jackass. Hope you can get everything worked out and your car back on the road...

· Supra Fan
3,947 Posts
I told you guys over and over that Venom is crap, but noone listens.

Btw RC = Lucas = PTE. They are all the same exact injector. There is no reason to pay the extra money for the RC label when the lucas is the same EXACT injector, and only go for about $300.00 on ebay(or at least when I bought a set long while back). But hey if you guys wanna pay $100-200 more for the RC sticker be my guest, lol.

· make that blkGT4294 LOL!
883 Posts
NJsupraA70 said:
I told you guys over and over that Venom is crap, but noone listens.

Btw RC = Lucas = PTE. They are all the same exact injector. There is no reason to pay the extra money for the RC label when the lucas is the same EXACT injector, and only go for about $300.00 on ebay(or at least when I bought a set long while back). But hey if you guys wanna pay $100-200 more for the RC sticker be my guest, lol.
Precision FTW! Dave got me my injectors FAST and CHEAP (dbsupra90t IIRC, just search on Dave Boykin, greatguy!).

· 512RWHP... 503RWTQ... 7M
3,186 Posts
Jeff Lange said:
RC injectors FTW.
+1...

When I got my RC's they had the flow sheet with them... All 6 of mine were between 999cc and 1001cc...

How much dirt REALLY gets in your fuel rail to cause 2 injectors that are BRAND NEW to stick open?

Is tlfsupra89 a member name here or is that his ebay name?

And John, post this on SM, so the guys over there know... If yur a member, if not, can I post it over there for you?

· Registered
967 Posts
Dont injectors have filter baskets in them... the dirt shouldn't have caused this on the first start up.

I bought a used set of 550 RC's and had them serviced prior to installing them any way for piece of mind.

· It never ends...
621 Posts
I just had to pull a set of venom 550's out. 5 out of the 6 injectors were getting stuck shut or open on and off.

If I hadn't had a wideband and a good fuel pressure gauge I could have gone nasty lean and done serious damage.

I caught it quick and there in the garbage. I'm not even persuing a refund, I don't think I'd get anywhere with it...

I'm just taking this is a lesson learned...

· Registered
7,860 Posts
Ok venom sucks and it has beenposted here NUMEROUS times.

but with that said.. I am having a hard time swallowing this statement

Winnipegman said:
Installed them and 2 were stuck open causing the engine to flood and so much gas to fill the manifold that it actaully ignited and burnt the control unit for my wideband.
my first response to you would be why the fuck is the wideband controller in such a close proximity to even be affected by heat from the manifold. :wtf:

2nd off all no matter how rich it will get in the manifold (and I should know as 2 step will get the heat up there like no other type of combustion) there is not enough current in that circuit to cause a thermal meltdown like that....

so you best explain how exactly two stuck open injectors fried a wideband controller in your mind.

· RIP 86.5 N/A, Hello 90T
2,028 Posts
Thats why I went with Lucas the first time. I've never had any problem with them at all, and whenever I've had fuel problems I always look at everythign else, they are GOLDEN...

~Dan

1 - 20 of 190 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.