Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
6,137 Posts
yeah he has a whole webpage documenting the build on that car, but I dont feel like looking for it. :(

BoostAddict said:
I like it. It's something different and VERY sleeper.
unfortunately, a fairly basic bolt turbo kit would give you numbers like that with less $$$$$ spent, but still a fun swap nonetheless.

http://www.flyinmiata.com/tech/dyno_runs/FM99TvsS2000.pdf

9psi FMII kit on a 99 Miata vs. S2k. Guess which one is which (138 lbs of tq :lol: )

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it's got nitrous as well. either way, 240 NA hp in a car that weighs maybe 2300 with that new engine sounds like a blast to me. it mentions that it has a viscous LSD. i wonder if he is still using the weak 1.6 unit. that thing is gonna break soon if he is.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
cds01 said:
it's got nitrous as well. either way, 240 NA hp in a car that weighs maybe 2300 with that new engine sounds like a blast to me. it mentions that it has a viscous LSD. i wonder if he is still using the weak 1.6 unit. that thing is gonna break soon if he is.

it is that light???

for that price I would probably just get an s2k....but definitely a cool swap.

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
6,137 Posts
Yeah cds01 hit it pretty much right on the head. The S2k motor is about 440lbs with tranny fully dressed and the stock Miata motor w/tranny comes at about 360 w/ tranny full dressed.

Add that extra hundred or so added to the stock weight of 21XX of a stock 1990 Miata plus a few extra punds from the hardtop and bracing etc.

Hes coming in right @ 2300 w/o driver.

·
I Solve Problems
4,349 Posts
I would love to know what rear he is useing in that miata. I had a nitrous S before and the only downfall of the car was the rear is the weak link. Also those engines burn oil like its going out of style!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts