Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, just recently became a MK3 owner and found that the gas pedal is extremely loose. There's about 2in or so of play where there is no gas going to the car. I've tried the typical solution of tightening the throttle cable however this has not changed anything. Just want to know if there's anything obvious I'm missing. Thank you very any help I'm excited to get started in this community!

Edit: I should add that this car started life as a 1987 Toyota supra na and automatic but was swapped to a JDM 7mgte engine and an R154. Currently has 250k~ miles on the chassis and 78k on the swapped engine.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Always a good idea to tell us what year, tranny, miles, model, etc. We'll give you great advice for pages, only to discover it's had an engine swap to an Oldsmobile Toronado Front wheel drive conversion..... Welcome to the board!

·
1,928 Posts
I'm not too familiar with the mk3 but that locknut looks like it still has slack to make that cable tighter. If not, it's probably stretched out too much and needs a new one.

·
92 TURBO
1,514 Posts
Pic of what 3p.... is referring to at pedal end that I circled. It fits into pedal linkage thru slot and than into hole. Missing bolt with washer 90119-06317 is still available from Toyota, Part # changed to 91611-60665.

Human body Font Slope Parallel Circle

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pic of what 3p.... is referring to at pedal end that I circled. It fits into pedal linkage thru slot and than into hole. Missing bolt with washer 90119-06317 is still available from Toyota, Part # changed to 91611-60665.

View attachment 274276
I think you may be right, it looks like there isn't much tension on the pedal end at all. Thank you I will try this out!

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts