Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 years ago, with only exhuast/dp and some boost (1.1 bar), I did 370/398 on pump gas. Yesterday I strapped the car in, with exhaust/dp/intake/cam gears/fmic and put out 386/398 at 1.4 bar on 103 octane. WTF??

A/F was off the charts almost the whole time, reading at/below 10 the whole time, so the car is running pig rich.

Now, is the ECU just being overly cautious and running it really rich (since I have no fuel control on the car), or am I looking at a boost leak somewhere?

I came on here this morning looking to pick up a VPC/AFC combo, but I ran into the PHR MAP ECU. Looks like a good option for me right now.

Options? Opinions?

·
Shawn Davis
1,662 Posts
All you've added is an intake/cam gears/fmic. Unless you're running higher boost and didn't state it.

Intakes and fmic give minimal gains on a dyno.

Cam gears give minimal gain all the time....

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I ran about 15 psi on pump last time around, and about 20 psi on race gas this time (1.4 bar).

Even if the numbers are low, the A/F was WAAAAYYYY off. So lets say the number are where they should be, and the mods I have would not give me any more power, leaning it out should bring on some power right? At or below 10:1 is little rich :)

I'm just wondering if I should keep searching for a leak, or if this is something common due to a lack of any sort of fuel management on my part....

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
You will gain a significant amount of power after you get the afr dialed in. I remember from 6k to redline my afr was dropping down to the 10:1 range. After I leaned it out on the dyno to 11.5:1 i remember gaining around 30rwhp and 40rwtq.

ps. this was on stock twins

carlo

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
It's all about the afr. I was pig rich one time when I started tuning (10:1 or even lower) and gained 70 RWHP by leaning it out TOO much (~12.9-13:1). I eventually tuned to about 11.8:1 and still had an extra 45 RWHP over where I started. :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
It's your AF. You need to lean out especially on race gas. Off the charts pig rich is not condusive to strong spark, max power, or strong combusion. Get a fuel controller and tune that baby in. Watch the mid 400s come along :) Drive safe.

Adam

1 - 6 of 6 Posts