Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well went to the track SAt for import wars in NH. Well I have a MKIV 97' TT and it's at BPU with 3 row and with stock clutch. Well i have ran a 13.1 about a month ago and that's still not what i expected(that was actually my first time drag racing). Well this time i ran a freakin 14.4 and 15.5. the 15.5 i know i messed up already cuz had no traction and tires spun for like 1/4 of the way. the 14.4 though, i dunno whats up. By the way both runs i burnt the clutch some how. Well my question is when goign to first gear to second it seems that the repms don't drop that much and doesn't really pick up, till i drop it in 3rd and it will then boost alittle better(but not what i have achieved) then to 4th where the real power comes in and i actually ran at 113 mph. Trap is high but dunno whats going on. I believe the clutch is dead and can't handle the power and that's what some guys are telling me too...but what ya'll think? Also about 3 days after which is today...i ran my car on the streets and clutch is def. different and much more slippery. Also for some strange reason on second gear it doesn't feel right and exhaust seems to sound different(lower rumble at WOT too). Help guys what u think???THANX

Mike

·
boost is good
772 Posts
SupraPimpTT said:
Well went to the track SAt for import wars in NH. Well I have a MKIV 97' TT and it's at BPU with 3 row and with stock clutch. Well i have ran a 13.1 about a month ago and that's still not what i expected(that was actually my first time drag racing). Well this time i ran a freakin 14.4 and 15.5. the 15.5 i know i messed up already cuz had no traction and tires spun for like 1/4 of the way. the 14.4 though, i dunno whats up. By the way both runs i burnt the clutch some how. Well my question is when goign to first gear to second it seems that the repms don't drop that much and doesn't really pick up, till i drop it in 3rd and it will then boost alittle better(but not what i have achieved) then to 4th where the real power comes in and i actually ran at 113 mph. Trap is high but dunno whats going on. I believe the clutch is dead and can't handle the power and that's what some guys are telling me too...but what ya'll think? Also about 3 days after which is today...i ran my car on the streets and clutch is def. different and much more slippery. Also for some strange reason on second gear it doesn't feel right and exhaust seems to sound different(lower rumble at WOT too). Help guys what u think???THANX

Mike
you say "well" a lot...

im sure your clutch isnt helping any..is it slipping bad? (revs go up but the car doesnt speed up)...and BTW a 113 trap isnt that high for bpu (assuming your full bpu) but that can be contributed to several different things (clutch slipping, un-tuned, pump gas, ect.)

stock clutch wont last long at bpu..time for a new upgraded clutch

·
In front of you
294 Posts
Even if the clutch is dead the exhaust sounds should still be the same. Did you look at your boost gauge ? Have you checked for boost leaks ?

·
In front of you
294 Posts
SSSUPRA said:
Clutch is dead and exhaust should sound diff. due to slipping clutch which equals less- or no boost.
Does that really give noticably lower rumble at WOT ?
Damn, if that really is so, my apologies for saying it shouldn't sound different. :eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts