Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
6,137 Posts
well what did it run?

and wait you mean tranverse leaf springs isnt the best suspension????

·
Banned
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mr. Wob said:
well what did it run?

and wait you mean tranverse leaf springs isnt the best suspension????
Run 9's around 140mph last I heard....

As far as the transverse leaf, considering the C6 Z06 can pull a 1.0+ g it's can be all that bad.

·
6,137 Posts
nice trap speed.

And since when are g's in a corner applicible to drag racing :dunno: and a composite single leaf spring is aslightly better tech then a pile of metal like on the old vette's. Not busting your cars stones on purpose, but lets face the facts here.

and dont get me wrong too - there are advantages to a leaf spring setup - but in making a drag car like this guy, it is not the best route. You have to admit that.

·
Banned
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mr. Wob said:
nice trap speed.

And since when are g's in a corner applicible to drag racing :dunno: and a composite single leaf spring is aslightly better tech then a pile of metal like on the old vette's. Not busting your cars stones on purpose, but lets face the facts here.

and dont get me wrong too - there are advantages to a leaf spring setup - but in making a drag car like this guy, it is not the best route. You have to admit that.

No doubt, if it were MY car, I'd run a solid axel GM 12 bolt or 9in Ford. I'm running a glass transverse leaf w/ adjustable shock and it handles and launched fine. But then again I don't have a track only car.

·
HIDEYOURGIRLFRIEND
961 Posts
Is that a T106? I went to a place called No Limit Racing, and they had a 2500HP modular mustang. It was awesome. Had the turbonetics T106 on the front. that turbo is HUGE!!!

-Taylor

·
Banned
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
wtfx100 said:
So this is a vette without a v8?

HUh???

That's a LT1 V8 engine that came in '93-'97 F-bodys, and '92-'96 Corvettes. :ugh2:

·
6,137 Posts
wtfx100 said:
So this is a vette without a v8?

??? i dont think you can get a more explicit picture of an LT1

·
Banned
1,466 Posts
Big Block Stingray said:
Run 9's around 140mph last I heard....

Is there any way possible to say, "that number sounds weak as hell", without sounding like an ignorant asshole? :D How much boost? And is his et and trap speed limited at this point because of that suspension setup?

·
Slow Poke
1,940 Posts
Bloody Polaks! :D That's all I have to say for those from my motherland ;)

·
ELITECUSTOMBODY
6,552 Posts
GSXXXguy said:
Is there any way possible to say, "that number sounds weak as hell", without sounding like an ignorant asshole? :D How much boost? And is his et and trap speed limited at this point because of that suspension setup?
you cant expect anything better out of that old LT-1 ,lol

·
Banned
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
GSXXXguy said:
Honestly I wouldn't expect anything less than someone calling it "WEAK as hell" on this board since it is a domestic. But it's not bad considering the track surface (looks like raw concrete) with no track prep. The car is in Poland afterall.

Hard to hook up when the surface looks like this...

·
Registered
769 Posts
I don't think he's saying it's weak due to it being a domestic, but due to what's done to it, big turbo, "advanced" suspension, AWD, etc. I figured the car would go faster, too.

·
Administrator
17,259 Posts
It was probably the dude's first pass with that crazy setup. If so, I'd hardly call it weak. Plus that track looked like anything but a track too. ;)

Steve T.

·
A T-Rex going "Rawr!"
2,778 Posts
Newbs, go jump in a 1000hp car and try to make a clean pass on an old country road. Then come back and tell us how "weak" a 9 second pass on that surface is.

Wob = Hater.
Leafspring 4 lyfe ya herd.

·
6,137 Posts
ok, lets leafspring your hayabusa :lol:

·
Registered
899 Posts
Ummm, isn't that a four link?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts