Supra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, some background.
I had a boost leak done on my JDM TT (93). My SMIC is leaking badly. Therefore, its time for a new IC. I may as well go front mount since SMIC seem to be hard to come by for aftermarket. I have heard about CW's but again tough to find.

I am in Canada, and have found some IC from a Canadian company. So no hassle with customs and support Can business!

http://vibrantperformance.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=1022_1036_1071_1199

I was wondering what people think about these. They are bar and plate, which I hear is good design, but heavier.
Some reviews I have found say they are decent quality, durable, and perform well.

Now I know this will immediately cause the greddy FMIC guys to start spamming "get one of them". Plz dont.

I am looking for a replacement for my SMIC. I have plans to finish my BPU upgrades, so overkill is not necessary. Looking at a budget install to get my boost leak fixed + a bit of HP. Eventually, I may go small - mid single, but by then I can afford to put a larger IC in.

So, long intro lol...
What do ppl think of these FMICs?
Will the 12810 work for my needs (BPU)?
Will it fit without too much hassle (minor modding stock bumper) (Core Size: 22"W x 9"H x 3.25" thick)?

PS I have a relative to do my pipework for a case of beer. So save some that way too.

· Banned
3,376 Posts
Let me start this thread off the right way by saying... GET A FREAKING GREDDY... Do it right the first time. :lol: Anyway your link is not working so I can't really see what intercooler you are talking about.

· Registered
2,012 Posts
If you're looking to just buy a core, there are some other sources that you might want to check out. One vendor that comes to mind is ETS. They have a number of different cores for the supra and I am pretty sure that you can buy them without piping if you so desire. You'd probably be able to get the core with any fittings and hardware needed for mounting...saving time and possibly some $$ in the longrun. Another option would be to look at Bell Intercoolers http://www.bellintercoolers.com/ You can pick from a ton of different cores and select whatever end tanks you want. Just some other options for you to consider...

Justin

· going broke fast
2,469 Posts
i would be nicer,if the inlet/outlet were closer to the bottom of the ic.that would help get the ic tucked up in the bumper better for ground clearance.i would also rather go for the 12" tall one,it's not like your buying one for a civic..

· Toyota Master Tech
1,503 Posts
precison turbo as1026 31" wide with tanks 10"tall 3.5" thick and underated at 750hp

· Glad to be back
3,478 Posts
Here is my core that I bought from Lebbet, Kirk's wife. I haven't installed it yet but I know bigdaddy performance ( I think that his name) on this board sells them. I believe they are on some of his 9 second cars. The core is absolutely beautiful. I think both Kirk and Lebbet both use these cores.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.