1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, any advice on Victoracer pressure when cold:

Front 255/40/17
Rear 275/40/17

Any advice/experience greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I run at 44 hot front and rear. 245/45/17 and 275/40/17

Starting cold pressure depends upon ambient temperature. If it is cool out I start at 38 cold front and rear. When hot I'll start with 36 front and 37 rear.

I usually need to let out some air after the 1st session ans sometimes the second also.

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
I used to start with low to mid 40's all around but found I like how they feel better with 36psi when heated up after a couple hard laps.

·
Very Senior Member
10,054 Posts
I'm starting them at 42 psi. Maybe I will experiment some, but this felt better than when I was starting them at 36 psi.

·
Heavy Metal Momentum
1,121 Posts
Wow, did you run the same pressure front/rear on street tires? I've been using 36 rear/42 front and the wear is normally about 1/8" on the sidewall like I thought was correct.

·
Very Senior Member
10,054 Posts
prsrcokr said:
Wow, did you run the same pressure front/rear on street tires? I've been using 36 rear/42 front and the wear is normally about 1/8" on the sidewall like I thought was correct.
I'm running 35-36 on street tires all around. No wear problems.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Call the manufacturer and give them your car weight they have probably spent a lot of time and money dialing these tires already, they are usually glad to help out

·
Heavy Metal Momentum
1,121 Posts
Do must of yall run same pressures front/rear? I run 1-2 psi more in the front for street driving but on course (still street tires) I run ~7 more in the front. (235/265 widths)
Maybe I should be looking to close that gap but I have more oversteer as is.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts