·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
That is moving on out :faint:

·
Administrator
17,259 Posts
:hail:

That, my friends, is why AWD + large displacement + turbos = unbeatable.

·
Banned
1,466 Posts
Steve Theodore said:
:hail:

That, my friends, is why AWD + large displacement + turbos = unbeatable.
Its no different than if you were using awd with smaller displacement and a shitload of boost. The porsche 993/996 twin turbos and 959, skylines and shitty dsms have been launching like that for over a decade.

G

·
AZmkiii said:
It's a shame they are too afraid to let top gear test it, I wanna see some useful #'s from it.
After what they did with the Koenigsegg, I don't blame them. Although Veyrons sell for ~£800k, they cost £5m each to make.

·
Administrator
17,259 Posts
I watched the entire Top Gear race from Italy to Great Britain, and that is one hell of an impressive car. I did have a really hard time believing the "costs them $5 million and they sell them for $1 million" detail, but whatever. :)

Steve T.

·
I CAN HAS WELFARE
3,413 Posts
I want one.

·
Original Owner
3,975 Posts
Steve Theodore said:
I watched the entire Top Gear race from Italy to Great Britain, and that is one hell of an impressive car. I did have a really hard time believing the "costs them $5 million and they sell them for $1 million" detail, but whatever. :)

Steve T.

i think they factor in "R&D" into the price since they rarely produce any.

but no way thats 5 million in parts alone

·
Banned
794 Posts
Words cannot describe how much fun that was. It just hooks and goes, and you feel your stomach in your mouth. Best way to describe the accelaration is when you are on a roller coaster and you get that feeling in your stomach. With the Veyron it doesnt stop.

·
Banned
1,466 Posts
Z07 said:
After what they did with the Koenigsegg, I don't blame them. Although Veyrons sell for ~£800k, they cost £5m each to make.
Come on, give credit where its due. That is the first time they "wrecked" a car, its hardly grounds for never being trusted with expensive machinery again. Not to mention it seemed as though it was clear that they all agreed that the ccx was in serious need of some added downforce. After all, they are trying to go after the top speed record with no visible aerodynamics aids. It seems as though the Bugatti's aerodynamics are superior to that of the ccx.

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
allan said:
Words cannot describe how much fun that was. It just hooks and goes, and you feel your stomach in your mouth. Best way to describe the accelaration is when you are on a roller coaster and you get that feeling in your stomach. With the Veyron it doesnt stop.
Were you in that car when it launched like that; lucky S.O.B!!!! So would you consider this the ultimate ride? We all know how you are partial to Lambos!
-Justin

·
Registered
683 Posts
Nice, but looked like the video was a little fast forwarded to make it look faster.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts