Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out to the local 1/8th mile track and ran this past thursday night. I currently have BFG 295/35-18" drag radials on the supra.. On this pass I drifted towards the wall and had to lift.. Believe I can run around a 6.6s time with these tires if everything goes perfect.. Gonna try again tomorrow on a better track with more boost and without the granny shifts.. Supra went [email protected] with a 60" of 1.60s.

Click here for video

And yes that's a damn moped that was after me..

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
sweet run...cant wait till i get some good tires and launch like that

·
Boost Junkie
12,687 Posts
Nice pass on drag radials.

Steve

·
Cultured Development
319 Posts
saw him out at shadyside dragway in NC. sweet sup inside and out :bigok:

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dominator19 said:
saw him out at shadyside dragway in NC. sweet sup inside and out :bigok:
Thanks Bro. Yeah the track the video was taken at is not taken care of and has no bite. Went to shadyside today and went a [email protected] on 25psi with the 18" DR's..

·
Cultured Development
319 Posts
haha, it seemed like u had limited traction, but it's all good..BTW that thing sounded sick :)..If u ever hear about any good meets around here lmk, it would be nice to see some of that around here

·
Registered
1994 Toyota Supra Turbo 6spd
1,529 Posts
damn you took off hard!! great pass even though you had to lift..

1.6 out of a drag radial 6spd is REALLY impressive!

so you were running normal radial tires up front too right? also what was your air pressure in the drag radials?

how much boost were you running and making off the line (anti lag)?

great job

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sleeknsilver said:
damn you took off hard!! great pass even though you had to lift..

1.6 out of a drag radial 6spd is REALLY impressive!

so you were running normal radial tires up front too right? also what was your air pressure in the drag radials?

how much boost were you running and making off the line (anti lag)?

great job

Yep, normal 245/40-18's up front. I run 12-14psi in the drag radials before the burnout. I left the line at about 22psi from the log. Thanks

·
Sooooooo JDM
1,221 Posts
cpdaddy35 said:
Ok got video from today. Another 1/8th mile track but hooks much better. Plugs were fouling as you can hear audibly once it was in third gear.. 60 foot was 1.60 again and time was [email protected] on 25psi. Time to turn up the wick..

Click here for Sunday's video
What's with this 1/8th mile crap?! So what's a 6.89 equate to... like a 13.78 in the quarter!!? Maaaaannnnn my tow vehicle could smoke that Supra of yours :thread:

LOL, what's up big daddy! Nice to see the car is progressing well. I wanna see full passes!

Ryan

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Greer is a old ass track! I've been down it a few times and it is an experience and so is Shadyside. Anyways, good job on the radials chad :)

·
Cultured Development
319 Posts
Import Nights on Thursday there, but that might be 200+ civics..my friends and I are going

·
Resident Smartass
1,052 Posts
Yep, Greer sucks. Too many drunks and ricers. Shady side is okay, but really, just go to ware shoals. Nice track, nice people, and hooks pretty darn well.

Good run Chad, keep up the good work.
CAtto

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ryan23 said:
What's with this 1/8th mile crap?! So what's a 6.89 equate to... like a 13.78 in the quarter!!? Maaaaannnnn my tow vehicle could smoke that Supra of yours :thread:

LOL, what's up big daddy! Nice to see the car is progressing well. I wanna see full passes!

Ryan
LOL, the closest 1/4 mile is Atlanta and since I have no cage I'll probably only get one pass. Ah same ol stuff around here and yourself? PM me your number as I lost it in my old cell. ttyl..

Chad

1 - 20 of 30 Posts