Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Your Neighborhood Pikey
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, as you guys already know, I just picked up a set of HKS 272's to complete my motor project that has taken me almost a year to complete.

I installed the cams this evening after work. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the clearances were dead on, so no new shimming was required.

Startup was instantaneous. The cams are zeroed out right now, as they should be. In the videos, you will hear as whistle. This is because I pulled the PCV valve. I was unsure how it was going to idle at first.

Driving impressions... Well... I didn't go drive it this evening. I am tired, it's late, and I don't feel like pissing my neighbors off too much!

Anyhow, without further delay, here are two vid clips of the start up and idle of the 1.5JZ with HKS 272's:

HKS 272 Startup - Right Click to Save!

HKS 272's Running - Right Click to Save!

- Chris

·
1JZ BLING!
2,747 Posts
I like the HAMS series. Another good episode! :sadance:

PS:

Whats with all the spam video sharing sites people upload videos to?

I'll give you a free FTP to upload videos and share on 1jzgte.com, just let me know.

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,376 Posts
screw the neighbors. go drive it. i pull into my neighborhood at all hours of the night. my car isnt exactly quiet. they never say anything.

nice video aight peace :chicken:

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
Sounds friggin sweet :) Now how is it!?

·
Your Neighborhood Pikey
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Driving impressions... It definitely has more lag. When it does get going though, my seat of the pants meter tells me there is a huge gain in power, especially near the top.

I need to work out some bugs in it still... I reset my ecu and it's having a hard time with the idle right now. Hopefully that will work itself out by driving it.

- Chris

·
Your Neighborhood Pikey
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well I tuned more with the car and it's straight ball-buster scary/fun. It pulls a lot harder than it ever has. It was definitely worth the purchase!

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
More videos. Go race something , or something ;).

·
Registered
93 Posts
dude that sounded sick!!! If you can, try to post a video of it driving and going wot. Overall congrats on the cams install Hams!!! sounds great!!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts