Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been having this problem with my car...

94TT 6spd
Mods:
rps stage 2
tanabe DP, Apexi exhaust no cats
FMIC 4" core, hardpipes and Blitz BOV
ttc mod, 12v mod,

I had the free BCC mod and the VSV defeat but revereted to stock because it was hitting 20+PSI :eek:

The "Problem"

MISFIRING LIKE A MOFO!

At about ~4k rpm (under high boost ~15-16psi and after reverting back to stock boost levels 10-13psi)
the car stutters, shakes....like its having a seizure.

boosts, stops, boosts, stops, etc... on and off very quickly....

Something is deff wrong...

My plugs are new NGK R BKR7E gapped down to .27
The coils read .9 on all of them (Primary only)

I can rev smoothly all the way to redline in neutral...

and i can boost all the way to redline if i do it smoothly, its when i hit the gas hard is when it misfires.

Also when it misfires i can let off the gas a bit and hit it again and it will smooth out :rolleyes:

Hopefully a post with the noises and a video will catch the eye of someone else who had this problem.

Thanks all, in advance.

-Brad

right click "save as"
1st Gear misfiring

Misfiring in second gear

Rev From neutral

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pheobo said:
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=262532

The problem in my case was fixed by changing out the plastic clips that go to the coils.

Good luck and update the post when you fix it.

Are you reffering to the plastic tabs that attach to the top of the coils? All of those appear to be ok.

I mean they "clip" into place of is it something more involved than just cliping in place?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ToMuchBoost said:
check the coil pack.
which ones the coil pack?

Or you refering to the coils connecting to the spark plugs?

I checked the primarys on a voltmeter and thay all came up with .9

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have the same problem as you it begin to do it this week
i don,t know why the car begin to boost 2.0bar on its own without mods the i begin adjusting again evc IV to lower down the boost and 1 day ofter begin to do the same thing as you.

the other problem what i had also is the on 1st gear it doesn't boost than .3bar and 2nd turbo does not go in. does anyone can help me

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
brad7771 said:
Are you reffering to the plastic tabs that attach to the top of the coils? All of those appear to be ok.

I mean they "clip" into place of is it something more involved than just cliping in place?
DOH!! I just realized you had posted in the other thread too.
It may clip into place like mine did, but the inside part may be a little loose or even brittle and broken.

Replacing these = easy.
The white plastic piece on the inside of the clips (when looking at it from the coil pack side) needs to be slipped out with a small metal pick by the bottom, then pull the wires 1 at a time don't pull both. then slide the new ones on, one wire at a time (The black and orange wire alternates sides on each coil make sure you coneect to the correct side.
If the metal clip does not slide into the new clip EASILY then twist it 90 degrees and try again.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so even if they look and feel snug they could be wasted?

·
Registered
544 Posts
hey brad
didn't want to send you IMs on your phone :)

in case you haven't yet checked though you probably have...

the plug connector itself can seem really snug onto the coil and still be broken. the part that breaks isn't the piece that gets it to clip tight onto the coil, it's the white piece kind of inside the connector that keeps the two terminals separated when they're plugged in.

good luck man

shiva

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ahhhhhh! OK i understand now, thanks Shiva, i'll check that on friday when i have some time. Thanks.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
my clips all look ok and arent gigling

Only does it when the car is hot i found out

I drive it for maybe 20 mins and its ok and boosts ok...

then it starts misfireing

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah hopefully soon i'll be able to do that.

I have a few other things i need to check first though

....what an annoying car ;(

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the videos worked earlier today....

its deff a misfire, it just doesnt happen until the car is hot then it starts doing it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts