Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have video installed in their Supra? Specifically video that is not in a DIN unit. Something like installed in the visors, passenger side airbag, etc. I would like to hear about your installtion. How you like it. What you have. This sort of thing. I have everything else. Next is video.

·
651 Posts
I have done quite a bit of video installtion in airbag locations, headrests, and visors. I haven't done any in a Supra but it is not a problem with the right equipment.

I would do the airbag installation in my Supra but I love airbags and what they offer in a high speed sports car such as the Supra.

I am willing to do it however.

Tom Kenyon

·
Registered
658 Posts
Originally posted by Thomas Kenyon:
I have done quite a bit of video installtion in airbag locations, headrests, and visors. I haven't done any in a Supra but it is not a problem with the right equipment.

I would do the airbag installation in my Supra but I love airbags and what they offer in a high speed sports car such as the Supra.

I am willing to do it however.

Tom Kenyon
any pictures of these installs Tom?

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am torn regarding number of video screens and location. I usually don't have passengers so why have a passenger-side airbag? One monitor could fit there, but my viewing angle would kind of suck. I could put a monitor in my drivers-side visor and have a great direct view. But if I did have a passenger their view would suck. It would be great to have monitors in both visors. It would be expensive and for the most part wasteful. But it would be cool just to have it all.

I don't recall the model number, but do you think Sony's 7" wide screen would fit into a Supra visor? Maybe a custom built visor? I like Sony. I don't want to consider any other brand unless I have to.

·
651 Posts
If anyone wants to "host" my stereo installation pictures I would be glad to send them to that person and then post here..

I am just a stereo guy, I don't quite get this computer stuff sometime.

I could do a screen in a Supra's passenger side airbag and have it both look good and have a good viewing angle.

You would have to purchase a good quality screen however.

Tom Kenyon

·
651 Posts
I doubt very seriously that the sony 7" screen will fit in the visor of a supra.. If fact, I am quite sure it will not.

I also assume you are talking about the XTL-750W screen right?

Could possibly do a airbag mount with it however.

Tom Kenyon

·
Registered
658 Posts

Tom Kenyon
Hmm, what would be a good screen? IVAC800? That KVT910P i believe it is by kenwood, the new one that just came out? The pioneer model? if you could, email me those pictures at [email protected] and I will get them up on photopoint if you please :)
thanks

·
Ok, ok, maybe 500rwhp!!!
1,184 Posts
If anyone wants to "host" my stereo installation pictures I would be glad to send them to that person and then post here..

I am just a stereo guy, I don't quite get this computer stuff sometime.

I could do a screen in a Supra's passenger side airbag and have it both look good and have a good viewing angle.

Tom Kenyon
Hey Tom,

I can host them on my site at www.briansbackyard.com

Send all pics you want to share to:

[email protected] and the second I get them, they'll be up. :)

·
Banned
945 Posts
Originally posted by mystic:
Hmm, what would be a good screen? IVAC800? That KVT910P i believe it is by kenwood, the new one that just came out? The pioneer model? if you could, email me those pictures at [email protected] and I will get them up on photopoint if you please :)
thanks
I have the IVAC800 in the Supra and can attest to its amazing picture... the DVD player is top notch and the DVD nav is world class. Alpine-- overpriced-- but they are good.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Originally posted by KING:
Rob Johnson's Tri-Turbo Supra from Intense Motorsports in AZ has three video screens (dash, airbag, rear). His is the first JL Audio full-sponsor Supra. You can reach Intense Motorsports and Rob at 480.926.5453, he has MILLIONS of pic's of the install.

Tozer
Alpine DVD/NAV
900HP 3.5 Liter Stroker
if by any chance you could get some of the pictures, please put them up. Even if i was to call and get them I have no place to host them...
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How about a fold-down screen in the middle right in front of the rear view? It would be difficult with the targa top and all, but this seems like a very good place for a screen. You could even use the new Pioneer 8" widescreen :D :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts