Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
I'm back!
6,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Check out this video of me drag racing at LACR. This was my first time at the track on the single, figuring out how to do burnouts, how to launch on the RPS Carbon Carbon, etc. The best time I could muster was a 2.0 60ft and ran an 11.5 @ 131. This track is at 2710ft altitude. Also the chick running the camera was clueless, she never got the tree and on my best run she cut it halfway down the track. You can tell which one was my best run, it was preceded by a massive burnout.

http://media.putfile.com/Brad-Dragging-at-LACR

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/6E0893A4-B746-4205-B754-41AEB418F12B.htm

·
Registered
95 Posts
braddman said:
Check out this video of me drag racing at LACR. This was my first time at the track on the single, figuring out how to do burnouts, how to launch on the RPS Carbon Carbon, etc. The best time I could muster was a 2.0 60ft and ran an 11.5 @ 131. This track is at 2710ft altitude. Also the chick running the camera was clueless, she never got the tree and on my best run she cut it halfway down the track. You can tell which one was my best run, it was preceded by a massive burnout.

http://media.putfile.com/Brad-Dragging-at-LACR

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/6E0893A4-B746-4205-B754-41AEB418F12B.htm

HAAHAHAHHAHA... dont u have like 800 hp ? :rofl:

freeway pulls are insane though...

what tire were you using ? u didnt have ur normal gt-u's in the rear, but the stockies instead...

·
I'm back!
6,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
g00kb0i said:
HAAHAHAHHAHA... dont u have like 800 hp ? :rofl:

freeway pulls are insane though...

what tire were you using ? u didnt have ur normal gt-u's in the rear, but the stockies instead...
I don't get what's funny but I had drag radials on the back. It's not exactly easy to launch a 6 speed 800rwhp car and even running at LACR ain't easy.

·
5,058 Posts
No strange intro, thats a first! Anyway awesome runs

You'll be nailing some killer times soon, your car definitely hauls ass up top.
But like you said just work on that 60 foot.

·
I'm back!
6,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dave Capone said:
No strange intro, thats a first! Anyway awesome runs

You'll be nailing some killer times soon, your car definitely hauls ass up top.
But like you said just work on that 60 foot.
Yeah Dave I was so bummed that the chik didn't get the video, that was almost the whole point of going.

·
-=R1der=-
371 Posts
Is this your first time?

Drag racing on the track is HARDER than a lot of people say it is.

·
Registered
64 Posts
braddman said:
You're just being nice but thanks..pretty much I sucked. I'll get there with some practice.
I respectfully disagree. LACR is a terrible track!!! Given the 2700 foot altitude, it is well known that cars run several tenths slower at LACR. That would put you in the low 11s at sea level. Drop your 60 foot down a few tenths and you would be in the high-mid 10s. The only number that surprised me was your trap speed. Even with the altitutde adjustment, it is lower than I would have expected.

BTW, when we line up, we are going from a dig. :bigthumb: Speaking of which, my car is supposed to be ready at the end of this week.

996TTx50

·
I'm back!
6,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
996TTx50 said:
I respectfully disagree. LACR is a terrible track!!! Given the 2700 foot altitude, it is well known that cars run several tenths slower at LACR. That would put you in the low 11s at sea level. Drop your 60 foot down a few tenths and you would be in the high-mid 10s. The only number that surprised me was your trap speed. Even with the altitutde adjustment, it is lower than I would have expected.

BTW, when we line up, we are going from a dig. :bigthumb: Speaking of which, my car is supposed to be ready at the end of this week.

996TTx50
Yeah my trap speed was low. I was running 2 bar, which only equates to 28psi, so that explains some of it, I wasn't pushing out as much power as I thought, but even so I should have trapped higher. Only thing I can account for the low trap speed was the winds maybe, or the way I was driving the car. I figured out when to shift towards the latter part of the day.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Your trap def seems low, but you already know that. I think if you get some better traction it will go up in your case. I'd move to a dot slick tire and burn them for a good few seconds. Traction shouldn't be an issue then. Try the 17" ET Streets.

Props for going to the track. Any plans on going again?

-Corey

·
I'm back!
6,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
GigaMp3z said:
Your trap def seems low, but you already know that. I think if you get some better traction it will go up in your case. I'd move to a dot slick tire and burn them for a good few seconds. Traction shouldn't be an issue then. Try the 17" ET Streets.

Props for going to the track. Any plans on going again?

-Corey
Not to LACR, but California Speedway is building a new track...gonna go there for sure.

·
I'm back!
6,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Mellonpopr said:
it takes ~ 600whp to run that trap doesn't it? what does that car weigh with you in it. what should it be making at 28psi?
Yup..something was off that day...my car weighs about 3550 with me in it. 28psi I should be making in the mid to upper 700's.

·
ORLANDO FL DRAMA TOWN
1,029 Posts
braddman said:
Yeah my trap speed was low. I was running 2 bar, which only equates to 28psi, so that explains some of it, I wasn't pushing out as much power as I thought, but even so I should have trapped higher. Only thing I can account for the low trap speed was the winds maybe, or the way I was driving the car. I figured out when to shift towards the latter part of the day.
brad check ur boost again or see if ur boost gauge is marking right,sometimes they go bad, i think u were on low boost ,the trap ur doing a t88h supra does on pump gas and at 20 psi.. and ur turbo is a little bigger than a t88h....
Beautiful car man..

:bigthumb:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts