Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Senior
1,474 Posts
Took too long, even with DSL. How loud do you rate it? Would you consider a Blitz NUR SPEC or Apexi N1 to give it a little back pressure? Basicaly, you've eliminated the dual resonators (good!) but lost a bit of bottom end. What did it take to get a chain muffler shop to do this mod? Given that most high perf exhausts eliminate this too, you may have uncovered their "secret". You look like the economical winner!:cool:

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Acutally i left the resonators on. They looked like a bitch to take off so i just left them. I haven't heard any other NA exhausts so i can't compare, but it's just a good quality sound. I gained 5 rwhp by just taking off the muffler. Putting those pipes on added back pressure. It only cost $85 and that's just b/c this guy (meineke) was the only one out of 4 shops that would do it. The car runs really good w/ this set up, and since it was so cheap, i'm very happy. Try downloading it again, it comes up real fast for me. Just don't use quicktime.

·
Senior
1,474 Posts
Oh yeah, didn't you post your exhaust before? Resonators but no mufflers... North Carolina tags. You added a cutout later too! Is the Mineke mechanic a friend? I think I'd like to do both with an N1. AND A SILENCER TOO!:eek:

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've posteb about doing it, but this is the first clip i've posted. No, the guy was just looking for a quick buck. It was probably only worth $30 but i was just glad i found someone to do it.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all of the complimants guys. I'm really happy w/ the way it turned out. I was really expecting it to sound like ass.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts