Supra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well heres whats up, i bought a new digi camecorder, in which has 3CCD, in which for who dont know, it gives more color to the footage and makes it more realistic, so what i wanted to know is, if i am like uploading my footage from my camecorder to the computer, why does it looks the 3CCD colors? it shows it as my old camecorder, but in playback in the camecorder its all there, umm if someone can offer me advice on a uploading program that may help, that would be great, just leave a reply or PM me, thanks! :)!

·
Super Duper Moderator
616 Posts
I'm not entirely sure what your asking. If your video footage is recorded by a 3ccd, the quality will reflect that. The main benefit from a 3ccd camera is that each ccd will capture that primary color resulting in a better pictures. As far as uploading to your computer is concerned, any beginner program will allow for the capturing of the footage. 3ccd is stored on a standard ntsc dv 720x480 etc. But I can not emphasize enough that it is still standard definition and is NO different then a 1ccd as far as capturing is concerned. Hope this helps.

·
Banned
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh, well um it was old videos from my old camecorder, lol i think that may have a reason, but if i try to record live footage just with the camecorder, it looks differnt on the LCD screen then over the computer its all dark and dull....if it helps, its a Panasonic PV-GS120

·
Super Duper Moderator
616 Posts
Mazda Rx7 said:
oh, well um it was old videos from my old camecorder, lol i think that may have a reason, but if i try to record live footage just with the camecorder, it looks differnt on the LCD screen then over the computer its all dark and dull....if it helps, its a Panasonic PV-GS120

If the capture settings are for standard ntsc dv, the quality will be identical as to that on your lcd display (camera). Maybe your display for your computer is a lower grade then that of an lcd? Also, if the footage was recorded with your old camera (single ccd) by swapping cameras and importing your footage will not increase the original recorded content, lol. If it was recorded by a 1ccd that is the quality you will always have for that footage. As far as future content is concerned. That will reflect the better quality. Hope this helps. :bigthumb:

I'm closing the thread. Any other questions please direct them to me via PM. thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.