Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This event is sponsored by www.tracquest.com and it's awsome. I will be instructing so it would be nice to have some other Supra's out there. Their passing policies are great and your never in the trains of slow cars associated with most DE events.

It's full course and the most track time you'll ever get. Registration is open right now. It's pricey, but you will get 2-3 times the track time of other events.

Later, Steve

·
b00st junkie
433 Posts
got an idea of exactly how much time on track we should see over these two days? At most events, I average 2-2.5 hours for $300, how will this compare?

·
www.ziptieracing.com
1,785 Posts
Tracquest is one of the best track outfits I've ever run with. At other tracks, I've had over 2 hrs of track time PER DAY.

·
Premium Member
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You should get over 2hrs of track time on Monday and between 4 and 6 hours on Tuesday. With tracquest you can run up or down a group on Sunday. This means if you are in the slow group you can run with the slow group and medium group. If you run in the medium group you can run with the slow group, medium group and fast group. If you run in the fast group, you can run in the medium group of fast group. Basically you will need to take a rest before you can run all the available session on Tuesday. :D

Later, Steve

·
Premium Member
10,170 Posts
Whoa. When I run here I usually get 2.5 - 3.5 hours of track time in an afternoon for $175. Not at such a nice facility as VIR though...

·
Premium Member
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tracquest is more expensive than some of the other schools, but it tends to be less crowded and have higher quality cars.

The BMWCCA event at VIR gives a little over 3 hours of track time over two days for $270.

You can go to tracks such as Roebling Road Raceway and get approximately 3 hours of track time over two days for as little as $160.

The nice thing is there is a track being built about 45 minutes from my house. When this track is done, there will be 5 tracks all 2 miles or longer within a 5 hour drive of my house. :)

1. The new track
2. Virginia International Raceway
3. Carolina Motorsports Park
4. Roebling Road Raceway
5. Road Atlanta

Who says that all the roadracing is on the west coast. :)

Later, Steve

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I have done Tracquest at Road Atlanta and instructed for them at Barber. A high quality event where you get a lot of track time with liberal passing rules. IMO the cars at Tracquest tend to be a "nicer line up" than most (except my track car of course). I recommend it.

Barry H.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I've never run with Tracquest because there are so many cheaper alternatives out here, but I've never heard anything but rave reviews of Todd's events. He runs quality events.

·
Premium Member
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Karen,

Good to see another Supra signed up. :)

Later, Steve

·
Premium Member
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's almost time, is anyone else interested?

Later, Steve

·
Registered
13,583 Posts
interested = very

can do = no :(

I just can't spare the approx 4 hr drive each way on those dates. But that track looks very interesting and I hope to try it some day.

Good luck, have fun. Show us vids, or at least pics, if you can make some.

·
Very Senior Member
10,066 Posts
Steve Jarvis said:
It's almost time, is anyone else interested?

Later, Steve
Man I wish I could go. Todd runs a good event and VIR looks nice. :yum:
800 miles for me ! Maybe someday, but I have family stuff that week.

I need to arrange something where I can go to Road Atlanta one weekend and then to VIR or vice-versa. I might could justify that!!

Have fun for us, Steve!

·
Very Senior Member
10,066 Posts
Nick 95 6sp said:
I just can't spare the approx 4 hr drive each way on those dates. ........
:eek3: what ? are you :nuts:

I wish I could get to a track in 4 hours!

I'm jealous! :naughty:

·
Registered
898 Posts
I'm interested!! How much is it? Is Registration still open? I'm going to the MDA event there this weekend. Anyone else going this weekend (June 18th-19th)?

·
Premium Member
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Go to www.tracquest.com for all the information. Keep in mind the track time you will be getting and the catered lunch when you see the price. You can also do the low cost option if you have attended VIR before, you can skip the lunch and the instructor and save about $80.

Later, Steve

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I guess I just have to make a point of getting up to VIR next year. I have always wanted to run there. It is about a 12 hour tow to get there. I will probably do it if Todd does another tracquest up there next year in that I enjoy instructing at his events. You are right he attracts a nice clientele which nice cars. He is very lenient with the instructors group as long as people don't drive like jackasses.

His passing rules with the student groups are more liberal than some other organizations and IMO there is less backed up "trains" as a result. Have fun.

Barry H.

[/IMG]

·
Just Cruisin' Thru
663 Posts
This was an awesome event and Steve is an great instructor (even though he does have some "issues" :p ) . The highlight was getting a couple of rides in with Steve. It is an unexplanable thing to watch Steve hunt down and conquer EVERYTHING else on the track.

I brought the anthracite baby back intact, learned some new skills and had a BLAST. So for my first venture on a road race track I feel pretty good about it, even though I was slooooooooow!

I'll post up some pics of Steve on the hunt when I have a free moment.

·
Just Cruisin' Thru
663 Posts
Chris, I sure hope so!!! I'm going to wait until the weather cools down some though. My street tires were just a *wee bit* melty after the last session at a track temp of 100 or so.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts