Supra Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,170 Posts
SilkE said:
Chris, I sure hope so!!! I'm going to wait until the weather cools down some though. My street tires were just a *wee bit* melty after the last session at a track temp of 100 or so.
I don't remember which tires you're running... may I ask if you were monitoring your tire pressures?

Glad to hear you enjoyed it enough that you're planning on going out again. I need to win the lottery so I can fly all of the road racers out to Denver or something for a big Supra road racing meet. And get Jeff Brauch to demo his sweet ride for us, etc. :)

Btw, if you want to make a page for your car listing mods, etc then I'm happy to host it. Just LMK.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Karen,

Glad to hear you had a good time. The event was a considerable challenge. We had dry track, wet track, down pours, half wet and half dry track :eek: and a wet track with speedy dry. Anytime you can survive these conditions and bring your car home in one piece is a good time. Even if we did have one directionally challenged moment. :) No off track excursion though.

VIR is a great track that is very challenging. It would be nice to get all of us together some time.

BTW: Issues, what do you mean issues. :D

Later, Steve
 

·
Mr. Brightside
Joined
·
737 Posts
man, i wish i coulda gone to the VIR thing steve but I'm still breaking in my clutch (100 miles left) Will you another one of these next year (or anytime sooner)? Would be cool to have a SF guy as an instructor :)
 

·
Just Cruisin' Thru
Joined
·
663 Posts
quick said:
I don't remember which tires you're running... may I ask if you were monitoring your tire pressures?

Glad to hear you enjoyed it enough that you're planning on going out again. I need to win the lottery so I can fly all of the road racers out to Denver or something for a big Supra road racing meet. And get Jeff Brauch to demo his sweet ride for us, etc. :)

Btw, if you want to make a page for your car listing mods, etc then I'm happy to host it. Just LMK.
I'm running the Bridgestone Potenza Pole Position S-03 tire. I wasn't monitoring the pressures.

Thanks for the offer to host a page about my car, I think I'll take you up on that :) !!

I'd like to think I could improve enough to be "competitive", pass more than 2 cars and not be passed by a bazillion cars . . . In any case, it's a blast to do - if I can just get over the nerves that I'm going to crash my baby.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,170 Posts
Karen - take a lok at Stu's thread about tires, and consider something other than the S-03 for track duty. There's a good article in Grassroots Motorsports this month about tire comparisons. :)
 

·
b00st junkie
Joined
·
433 Posts
anthracitetarga said:
man, i wish i coulda gone to the VIR thing steve but I'm still breaking in my clutch (100 miles left) Will you another one of these next year (or anytime sooner)? Would be cool to have a SF guy as an instructor :)
hehe, I drove CMP back this Spring in my 240. I changed the clutch 150 miles before I hit the interstate on the way down :D. Thing still worked like a charm and is perfect to this day :p.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I will try to do another event in Oct or Nov.

Later, Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
201 Posts
That was an awesome event, in every aspect! The racing, accommodations (we stayed at The Lodge - next to the track), the food, were all excellent; we met a lot of nice folks and of course saw plenty of cool rides in action.

My laps with Steve were absolutely phenomenal. First time I'd ever been on a road course in a Supra. We're running by everything in sight, to include a P-cup car, on a partially wet track, with quick-dry from an oil spill earlier!! :run: I can't justly describe what an incredible adrenaline rush that was. This just gives me a whole new respect for these cars, especially when piloted by highly skilled hands.

We're still working on a small vid to put up. Can't wait till next time, and I know Karen is ready to hot lap some more soon.:) I might have to put my highway queen out there next time. :run: Too much fun...

Oh, and thanks again to my bud slither for getting us back on the road. :bigthumb:

Regards,
Brian
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Brian,

The pass anywhere rule really allows for some realistic fun don't you think? :)

Later, Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
201 Posts
Steve Jarvis said:
Brian,

The pass anywhere rule really allows for some realistic fun don't you think? :)

Later, Steve

Absolutely, any more realistic and I would've overwhelmed my adult undergarment. :run:
 
21 - 31 of 31 Posts
Top