Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about visiting Baltimore and NY the week of March 16. Just wondering if a can see Staute of Liberty, Empire State Building, Ground Zero and Time Square in 3 days? Where should I get a hotel that is centrally located. And is there any other input or word of advise you guys can give would be great.

·
(overspooled)
2,836 Posts
no problem, short cab ride to everywhere you mentioned...if you don't want a hotel in time square, i'd recommend the crowne plaza united nations...nice place and pretty reasonable...walking distance to time square....

i'd skip baltimore and spend an extra day in NY, but thats just me. few hour drive from baltimore to ny, not sure if you are wanting to stay in baltimore for a night then a night or two in ny. def wouldn't drive round trip in one day especially on a weekday...

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no problem, short cab ride to everywhere you mentioned...if you don't want a hotel in time square, i'd recommend the crowne plaza united nations...nice place and pretty reasonable...walking distance to time square....

i'd skip baltimore and spend an extra day in NY, but thats just me. few hour drive from baltimore to ny, not sure if you are wanting to stay in baltimore for a night then a night or two in ny. def wouldn't drive round trip in one day especially on a weekday...
Reason for Baltimore is my cousin lives there and we can stay with him for a couple days and check out DC and than fly to NY

What area should I look for hotels... Manhattan? What about getting free tickets to some shows?

Thanks for the info guys.

·
DJ/Producer
1,309 Posts
empire state building and times square are relatively close and ground zero is about a 10 min cab ride or subway ride from empire state building subway would be cheaper

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
What area should I look for hotels... Manhattan? What about getting free tickets to some shows?
It's going to be hard getting tickets to free shows, unless you are military affiliated. If you are military affiliated, check with with the USO and see what they can do for you. To avoid the haggle I would simply "take one for the team" and check out ticketmaster.com and see what shows are playing.

Small piece of advice, if you have a hair up your butt to see the "Blue Man Group" book the seats all the way in the back of the theater to prevent being sprayed with bannanas.... long story there.....

The Statue of Liberty and Ground Zero are very close to each other. Times square is a little more up the road, but certainly a quick cab ride away. Look into Circle Line tours (small tour boats that go around NYC) for a decent tour. The suggestion above regarding the UN hotel is a good recommendation considering that is relatively central to the places you want to see.

Plan in advance.

- Vic

·
Bad Karma Supra
2,784 Posts
You can get heavily discounted show ticked right at 47th & 7th / bway 50% off can be found for good shows.

There's plenty of good bars and places to eat, depending on what you're into. I stay right in midtown all week, feel free to get ahold of me....

Jay

·
(overspooled)
2,836 Posts
The concierge at the hotel can usually get you pretty good tickets..sometimes discounted, sometimes just better for the money. Blue man group in the village was awesome, took my wife to see it a few years back.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
empire state building and times square are relatively close and ground zero is about a 10 min cab ride or subway ride from empire state building subway would be cheaper
Thanks for the info Poznanski

It's going to be hard getting tickets to free shows, unless you are military affiliated. If you are military affiliated, check with with the USO and see what they can do for you. To avoid the haggle I would simply "take one for the team" and check out ticketmaster.com and see what shows are playing.

Small piece of advice, if you have a hair up your butt to see the "Blue Man Group" book the seats all the way in the back of the theater to prevent being sprayed with bannanas.... long story there.....

The Statue of Liberty and Ground Zero are very close to each other. Times square is a little more up the road, but certainly a quick cab ride away. Look into Circle Line tours (small tour boats that go around NYC) for a decent tour. The suggestion above regarding the UN hotel is a good recommendation considering that is relatively central to the places you want to see.

Plan in advance.

- Vic
I just booked hotel room at Hotel Newton from 3-16 to 3-21, that should be enough time to check all the places and the subway is just outside of the hotel. Thanks for the info Vic.

You can get heavily discounted show ticked right at 47th & 7th / bway 50% off can be found for good shows.

There's plenty of good bars and places to eat, depending on what you're into. I stay right in midtown all week, feel free to get ahold of me....

Jay
Well I'll be with my wife and son (15yo) so bars will probably be out, but I'll check out 47th & 7th / bway and thanks for the offer Jay.

The concierge at the hotel can usually get you pretty good tickets..sometimes discounted, sometimes just better for the money. Blue man group in the village was awesome, took my wife to see it a few years back.
I'll have the check out the Blue man group since you're the 2nd person that's recommended it, thanks Morefaster.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts