1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
1,150+ rwhp club
4,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Boost4fun
1,848 Posts
I remember there was already a little debate in here about those VTG chargers. It becomes more interesting at the moment since they can withstand the high temps of gas engines in the meanwhile..
But you would nee to have a little black box which will control the exhaust paddles in the turbine housing in corelation to the boost...
If you are an electronics guy it might be easy...

Gerd

·
1,150+ rwhp club
4,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hefti2 said:
I remember there was already a little debate in here about those VTG chargers. It becomes more interesting at the moment since they can withstand the high temps of gas engines in the meanwhile..
But you would nee to have a little black box which will control the exhaust paddles in the turbine housing in corelation to the boost...
If you are an electronics guy it might be easy...

Gerd

Off the top of my head, I don't see why you couldn't have a map sensor that controlled the vein of the housing.

Anyone brave enough to try this?

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
JamesN1830 said:
Off the top of my head, I don't see why you couldn't have a map sensor that controlled the vein of the housing.

Anyone brave enough to try this?
A MAP Sensor? No, a PWM controller is needed. BTW, there are already threads started on this topic.

·
Boost4fun
1,848 Posts
For real? That would be great if someone would make that finally.
That makes things much more easy as today with the WG etc..
Gerd

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
That turbo uses a pressure actuator. A boost controller could control it so long as you had a pressure source.

That turbo does not have a titanium compressor wheel either.

and you thought a standard GT47 was heavy.....

Daniel

·
turbo lexus pile
488 Posts
how do you know the compressor blades arent Ti? since they arent a purple-ish tint?

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
SupraWood said:
That turbo uses a pressure actuator. A boost controller could control it so long as you had a pressure source.

That turbo does not have a titanium compressor wheel either.

and you thought a standard GT47 was heavy.....

Daniel
Daniel, what is the target market for that unit? All I'm familiar with are Rexroth-controlled units...

·
Banned
2,385 Posts
that wheel is the billet 71 wheel that many including myself have run on our cars. Its made of billet aluminum and cut on a 5 axis scale....The only thing different on that turbo james is that it has the vnt chra and the exh housing is something enormous.

Dont even bother guys.

·
Registered
402 Posts
the exhaust side that have the varible vanes usually corrodes and then the turbo is either stuck on full or off its not a great stile turbo oh ya i work for ford and the 6.0 turbo diesels come with these v.g.t variable gate turbo . and i do anywhere from 3 a day to 6 not a great desine

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
jokable1 said:
the exhaust side that have the varible vanes usually corrodes and then the turbo is either stuck on full or off its not a great stile turbo oh ya i work for ford and the 6.0 turbo diesels come with these v.g.t variable gate turbo . and i do anywhere from 3 a day to 6 not a great desine
It helps to not dump fuel into the oil by the bucket full. :nutkickhi

·
Registered
402 Posts
maybe the parts might not be the same but the concept might be and the turbos are from garret which are on the ford s and garret is a pretty well known company if you know any thing about turbos . all im saying is the concept or desing used in the ford s which ford also uses on the international big rigs is the same style of turbo that just aint working so well the turbo has been redesined three times already they have gotten better but still aint very reliable in my opinion.

·
Registered
402 Posts
oh ya its the same monster just slightly redesined if you want i can show you in person the detroit turbo is just bigger .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts