Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Will work for Supra parts
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took delivery of my '94 Supra TT yesterday and while I wait for spring to arrive so I can try it out on the road, I've been spending time just looking the car over and seeing what's all there.

Well curiousity gets the better of me and I decided to see if the rims have the keyed locking lug nuts. The wheels are Volk III 18" rims and I fully expected to see some wheel locks, but I didn't recieve a keyed socket for the removal of them. I decided to pop the caps and see if there are any locks at all. So naturally I grab a standard screw driver and a rag to protect the rim. Thinking the center caps just pop off like every other rim I've seen, I'm awarded for my stupidity by a nice cracking sound, a few little bits of plastic falling into my hand, and the metal ring of the center cap shaped like a Hex, becoming loose. At that point I can clearly see this is not correct.

I'm left with a broken center cap, and I to make matter worse I haven't even been able to gain access to the lug nuts. How do these things come off? It looks like they are threaded into the rim, but I don't have anything large enough to grab the hex center cap and give it a spin.

I feel terrible. I've not even had my car a full day and I already broke something on it. Can somebody please help me out? Can I buy a replacement cap for my rim and how do these things come off? I'm not that dumb, but I've never owned a car with after market rims and have no idea how they do things.

·
Registered
114 Posts
You should have received a large, black, hex shaped tool made of plastic specifically for taking these caps off from the previous owner .. to give you and idea of its size it would almost take up the entire area of the glove box. You are correct that they screwn on and off.

Sorry about that, might want to give the guys at MVP a call and see if they can get you the tool .. otherwise it's time to craft some sort of device to take them off.

Best of luck.

·
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Pete. I was afraid of that. I purchased my Supra from a dealer, out of state. I'm going to see if they can help me locate the original tool. I've been all over inside the car looking for it. Not in the hatch, glovebox, center console, or anywhere else that I can see. I'm guessing a previous still has it, or lost it.

Can you provide a email address, link, or phone number to MVP? I'm guessing pretty much any decent Volk wheel dealer should have one, right? Does anyone else know if the center caps I need are still available for purchase? There's a small picture of my rims in my avatar. I'll try and upload a bigger pic to my car domain site for viewing. Maybe someone can help figure out what rims I have and what cap I now need.

·
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Okay, here we go. Can someone who knows their rims help me figure out what model or kind they call these? The only writing I see on them is Volk III, embossed on the polished outer rim and Volk on the center cap. Are these still available? I really need help locating a center cap and appreciate any help you guys can give. Thanks!

·
Registered
114 Posts
I've heard good things about Dusty at MVP Motorsports. Like I said, if it were me I'd start out there.

His email according to the website (mvpmotorsports.com) is [email protected]. If you e-mail him include a picture/link to your rim.

Also, you can call him directly at (940) 683-8282 ext. 14

Unfortunately, I don't think these wheels are being sold anymore, but who know.

Again, best of luck.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Espeefan,

Congradulations on the car. Hopefully the wheel cap wont be a huge deal. Like 4BANGER said give Dusty over at MVP Motorsports a call, if the part can be had, he'll be able to get it for you. They have a section on the forum, or you can get all their contact info at their website: www.mvpmotorsport.com

Also if you email him a picture of the wheel he will know exactly what model it is.

·
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys! I appreciate the help. I could just kick myself for breaking that center cap, but I hope Dusty can help me out. I will email him right away!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts