Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Desperate for some help here , don't know what to do!

I seached on here and other places for a few days.

Those of you who are familar with these wheels know you can get them in face 1 or face 2.

I want to get face 2 on the rear because of the concave look which I prefer.

If I got a 9.5" I think the limit would be a 275 tire.

If I got the 10.5" and because of it's +37 offset, would I be limited to a 275 tire because of rubbing issues on the wheel arch/ suspension etc.

I've got stock suspension, wheel arches.

Just don't see that it would be better to get the wider wheel if you can't use a wider tyre other than to get a larger lip.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Andrew

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
the 275 would prob look a little stretched on the 10.5...if u wanna run a 295 or something on the 10.5 rim u need to just roll the fenders in the rear..i am going through this same thing now and i decided to use the 10,5 in the rear and just roll then fenders..i dont like the stretched tire look at all....
if u dont want to roll fenders then just go with the 9.5's..if all you want is a 275 wide max then just go with 9.5 no doubt...IMO it will look alot better rather thens tretching a 275 over a rim that an inch wider..

A

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Either will probably work fine. Just roll the fenders for the 10.5 if you don't want to stretch a 275.

You really don't need 315s in the rear... for average HP supras (under 600 or so rwhp) a 275 tire will do just fine.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone.

A asked a guy in Australia who's got the 10.5" on the rear, he said that he added a little camber to pull the tyre under the fender.

But he said he's had nothing but problems with the 10.5" .

I would love to have a nice fat tire on the back, but fitment is a concern.

Volk's recommendations for the Supra are.

Front 9.5" for face "1" 235/35

Rear 9.5" for face "2" 265/30

Didn't really want to run the same width front and rear, but I would fit a 245 on the front and a 275 on the back.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe if you run the 19x10.5" with a +37 it will stick out even with stock rolled fenders. I was told by Mackin that if I wanted to run a 10.5" wide wheel in 19", that I would have to run the GT-7 which is a +49 offset due to Mackin's wacky offsets.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
CTOE said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe if you run the 19x10.5" with a +37 it will stick out even with stock rolled fenders. I was told by Mackin that if I wanted to run a 10.5" wide wheel in 19", that I would have to run the GT-7 which is a +49 offset due to Mackin's wacky offsets.
Think you're right, here's a 19x10.5" with a +37 face 2

The face 1 design has a +47 offset, even that I would think would be tight - 10mm further in than the face 2 in the photo.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
TTSupradave said:
dont be stupid.....go with the 10.5 with a 37+ offset. You wont have to modify the fenders much...and will look sexier then ever.
merckx said:
A asked a guy in Australia who's got the 10.5" on the rear, he said that he added a little camber to pull the tyre under the fender.

But he said he's had nothing but problems with the 10.5" .
He's got a 1998 VVTI TT like I've got ( the one in the pic), it's got REAS suspension which is not on the earlier cars. That might have caused the problem.

He was so pissed off that he didn't even want to discuss it .

·
WI-FI FTW, GTFO fuse box!
8,108 Posts
Look, some of the info here is true. Some is bullshit.

I have 19" BLACK GT-C's on my dogg and I love them. I got the 9.5'' rears and 8.5'' fronts. * You will not be able to run 295 in the rear without cutting/rolling then a lot. I already tried! I still rubbed after rolling them, but my car was pretty low, though.
Here is the link to my thread with them on. (I do believe I have the 1st set of BLACK, 19'' GT-Cs :) )
LMK if you need anymore help.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
jt granberry said:
LMK if you need anymore help.
Thanks very much, appreciated.

Decided to go for the 9.5" rear, it's wide enough!

After doing an extensive search on here I found three members who were running the 10.5" rear, sent them a pm asking for a little help.

Two of them read the pm's and didn't even bother repyling.

Not very community spirited at all!

The exception was lelou21 who did reply - thanks! :)

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Do a search for Larrabee. In his sig it says he is running 19" GTC's, but I dont know what width.

·
Registered
709 Posts
merckx said:
Thanks very much, appreciated.

Decided to go for the 9.5" rear, it's wide enough!

After doing an extensive search on here I found three members who were running the 10.5" rear, sent them a pm asking for a little help.

Two of them read the pm's and didn't even bother repyling.

Not very community spirited at all!

The exception was lelou21 who did reply - thanks! :)

Not a problem! I am always willing to help. :)

**JT posting on BoostedAzn's name.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts