Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Dusty,

I just purchased some used GT-Cs from Bryant here on the boards and will likely need to get some lugnuts this week before they arrive. Can you please help me with the following questions:

1. I see MVP sells Volk GT-C-only lugnuts. Can you tell me what is special about these? Is the GT-C lugnut hole an especially tight fit or do they need to be some extra length or...? (Now, this makes me wonder if I have to get a special lugnut wrench or not)

2. Since the lugnuts are black, how do you avoid scratching them all to heck when installing?? I assume they are stainless steel underneath a black powdercoat? Since they're $63/set, I'm not anxious to scratch them up or have a shop trash them when I get new tires.

3. What color are the GT-C locking lugnuts?

4. Do you offer any special discount to forum members over your regular web prices? I've ordered a few times from you in the past, but never thought to ask.

Thanks for your help!!

·
Premium Member
10,091 Posts
1. The hole on the GT-C wheel prevents any regular nut at all fitting.

2. Just be very careful.

3. Matching black of course.

4. No, because 99.9% of our Supra business comes from SupraForums anyhow. So basically all of our prices assume you are a SF member! :)

Regards,

Dusty

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick response.

I'll be ordering the lugnuts + locks from MVP within the week then!

-Kevin

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
If the lugs themselves are so special, why would you need a lock? ;)

·
Registered
143 Posts
dusty the lugnuts that came with my GTCs. i lost one so im down with one wheel held by 4 lugs. is there a way u can send me 1 or do i have to buy a new set.
thnx

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Dusty,

I placed an order on Monday 5/1 for a set of std lugnuts and locking lugnuts.

David said you didn't have the special Volk keys for the std lugnuts, so I'd have to wait until next week. Can you please be sure I am in the cue for these and don't fall through the cracks? I have wheels that are coming next week also.

Also, I asked him to backorder me on the locking lugnuts for the 4-8 week delay.

Thanks!
-Kevin K.

·
Premium Member
10,091 Posts
HKSLooney said:
dusty,
did you get my email? did u ship the lugnuts? thanks

Sorry but I do not know your email address from your SF screen name, so I can not say if I received your email or not...

Regards,

Dusty

·
Registered
730 Posts
are these the lugnuts with the internal hex key? i got a set of lugnuts made by rays when i bought my GT-Cs but i lost the key. can you order just the key? i will try to take a picture of them to confirm with you. Thanks

·
Banned
566 Posts
Take yourself over to sears and cop the correct size allen key. Im using the gtc's/rays lugs and it is a simple, standard hex fitment. Nothing special about that size at all. I just cant think of the size off the top of my head, but it is very common.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I have an off topic question. I am sorry, but i need to know. I have these wheels with 245's in front and 285's in back. The camber in the front is starting to wear the inner part of the tire a lot. I can't change it becaue it will hit the fenders. Does anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
730 Posts
The Quickness said:
Take yourself over to sears and cop the correct size allen key. Im using the gtc's/rays lugs and it is a simple, standard hex fitment. Nothing special about that size at all. I just cant think of the size off the top of my head, but it is very common.
its a little hard to find a socket that both fits the nut and wont mar the wheel. ive already thought of this. thanks.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The Quickness said:
To answer an earlier question above, this is why I needed the locking lug nuts. $60 is steep IMO for 4 lug nuts, but on the other hand it's cheap insurance if it will help prevent $2,500 wheels from being jacked! BTW, the lockers are nicely machined and match the regular GT-C lugs perfectly. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts