Supra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you carry any of these? If so, what sizes and what price? Is it just the TE37 model that is available in magnesium, or are they doing other models as well? And lastly, any idea on the integrity of these wheels compared to the regular ones?

·
Getrag Gearhead
1,872 Posts

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right Joe, that's the wheel. I was looking around a bit for lightweight wheels and ran across these - apparently, they weigh next to nothing. I didn't look into the offsets, I figured Volk would have a supra fitment like they do with all their wheels. If they don't, that's unfortunate. Apparently the wheels are like 1300 a piece too? That's one heck of an investment as well :)

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
13 lbs is what I read, for 18x9.

·
You Can [Not] Advance
2,871 Posts
Are you using this for race track only? I wouldnt want to use them on the street not only that arent they custom single lug?

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Single lug? It's the regular 5x114.3 for JDM cars I believe. I was hoping Dusty could give more information on whether it's available for the supra, and what the details are.

·
You Can [Not] Advance
2,871 Posts
cherzra said:
Single lug? It's the regular 5x114.3 for JDM cars I believe. I was hoping Dusty could give more information on whether it's available for the supra, and what the details are.
Oh, they got single lug apps aswell.

·
Premium Member
10,086 Posts
18x8.5 +40 / 18x9.5 +38

$6,680 retail.

$6000 is the best I can do. I do not get much discount on these as it is a special wheel. I get no where near the discount I get on their other wheels.

Thanks,

Dusty

·
WI-FI FTW, GTFO fuse box!
8,108 Posts
Keep in mind Magnesium is the metal that high dollar (I mean 4mil +) Jets use for wheels. It is unrivaled in weight, strength not to mention that is does not spark when friction is applied! So now you have the lightest and SAFEST wheel money can buy. Damn I love Ray's/Volk wheels!

·
turbo lexus pile
488 Posts
jt granberry said:
Keep in mind Magnesium is the metal that high dollar (I mean 4mil +) Jets use for wheels. It is unrivaled in weight, strength not to mention that is does not spark when friction is applied! So now you have the lightest and SAFEST wheel money can buy. Damn I love Ray's/Volk wheels!

safest except when the air force decides to make thier fighters' brakes outta the stuff and they catch fire...have fun putting that out. doubt a car would ever catch the rim on fire tho :) ive heard volk makes these wheels before, never wouldve guessed they would run in the $6k range.

·
Banned
106 Posts
djo715 said:
The 18x9.5 wheel weighs 14lbs, and is even lighter when covered with Hoosier R303 rubber.
Your brakes.......wow.

Saw far I've only seen GTR's on 911 Turbo's. Never even dreamed of seeing them on a Supra.

You got the best my friend. Congrats!

·
Registered
145 Posts
NightStorm said:
Your brakes.......wow.

Saw far I've only seen GTR's on 911 Turbo's. Never even dreamed of seeing them on a Supra.

You got the best my friend. Congrats!
Thanks - hard to believe - but I have yet to try these on the track. I've tried them on some back roads, and it feels like I just tossed out an anchor... Fortunately I had 4 pt harnesses on at the time.... but geez. Between the race rubber on super wide wheels (I think I had ccw's on at the time) and those brakes, it stopped pretty close to a racecar.

Cheers,
-Darryl

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I doubt they could ever catch fire, but yea, not many people would realize that you DONT want to use water to out out a magnesium fire. Cant imagine the look on peoples faces if you sprayed water on a fire and the fire got alot worse.

I think some old volkswagen blocks were magnesium and caught fire from time to time.

Those are some nice ass wheels, too bad I dont have 6k to throw around.

eblick99 said:
safest except when the air force decides to make thier fighters' brakes outta the stuff and they catch fire...have fun putting that out. doubt a car would ever catch the rim on fire tho :) ive heard volk makes these wheels before, never wouldve guessed they would run in the $6k range.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts