Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Shawn Davis
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know this figure for the TT engine? I figure 85% is a good guess but someone might actually know. Thanks.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I might be off in left field, but I think that 85-90% is a good number for a normally aspirated engine. For a turbocharged engine it is typically above 100%, since you are compressing the air before it even reaches the combustion chamber. Thus, you can actually squeeze more air into the cylinders than the actual volume of the cylinders.

·
LEADED FUEL ONLY
2,068 Posts
VE of 100% would be 14.7 PSIA measured at the manif0ld. VE of 200% would be 29.4 PSIA.

VE is the amount of atmosphere you can squeeze into the cylinder. In a round about way.

·
Boostin...
1,265 Posts
Nice MKIII Supra!

Do you ever go to Indy?

There are a couple of single turbo MKIV's runing around the South side. You may want to run around with us some time.

Bob

·
LEADED FUEL ONLY
2,068 Posts
Thanks. I've been meanign to get up there and hang out with you guys. Just don't have the time. About hte only time i"m thru indy is during friday around 6, and sunday evening around 8 or so. friday I'm going west and sunday i'm going east on 70.

Don't do much hanging out in Indy as the GF is down in evansville, and I'm north of richmond. So most of my time is with her either back home in terre haute or at one of our places.

Long distance sucks ass... been doing it for a while now.

Anyone got any connections for an automotive engineering job either in Indy or Evansville?? :)

we'll see you gys sometime i'm sure. maybe next summer or something.

I need ot get my shit tuned before trying ot hang with you guys. No way i could keep up. I need a T66 i guess. ;)

laters,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts