Supra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
1994 Toyota Supra Turbo 6spd
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've asked the clublexus forums but i don't think they are as technically advanced as members on this forum. so i will ask it here!

would a VPC/afc2 work on a sc400? or any other cars for that matter? i know VPC has it's specific injector/car chips...

i was going to try to install it on a 93 landcruiser and also a 98 lex Sc400 :)

thx

· The Slow And The Curious
793 Posts
I'm not sure but maybe go on mkiv.com and look at the vpc instructions and see if it specifies

· Mr. 2JZUL8R
8,901 Posts
im running VPC and SAFC2. great combo that made 620RWHP on only 100 octane! :cool:

· Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i know they'll plug into a 2jz... :) i'm asking if anyone has ever plugged it into a 1uz-fe (sc400)?

· Registered
2,416 Posts
I don't think it will work on the landcruiser, but the SC400 yes. I think the 1FZ is flap.

You need to make sure you use the MKIII chip though as it needs to be setup for karmen vortex.

VPC is not needed for MAP, because pretty much that is what the VPC is.

BTW, I am dropping a 2005 2UZ-vvti motor into a 91 LC. Hop on over to IH8MUD to check it out. Got progress pics

· Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't think it will work on the landcruiser, but the SC400 yes. I think the 1FZ is flap.

You need to make sure you use the MKIII chip though as it needs to be setup for karmen vortex.

VPC is not needed for MAP, because pretty much that is what the VPC is.

BTW, I am dropping a 2005 2UZ-vvti motor into a 91 LC. Hop on over to IH8MUD to check it out. Got progress pics
THANKS for the reply!! did you mean the VPC not working with the landcruiser? how about the AFC2? or are you saying both would not work on the 1fz-fe (landcruiser I-6 motor)

so for the sc400 (1uz-fe) i would need an mk3 chip that is closest to the injector size i'm using? which one would stock be? nice, i post on ih8mud.com as "tuning haus" what is your user name on there???

· Registered
2,416 Posts
Same username.

VPC won't work, but SAFC will. Unless you are using forced induction or ethanol there really is no reason to use the SAFC as it will not get rid of the AFM.

Injector size on the SC400 I would say no more than 25% deviation. More than that makes it harder to tune.

· Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ohh okay yeah i think i've seen your post about your build.. very impressive :)

sorry to sound repetative but so you're saying the AFC would work on the landcruiser as well as the sc400 right? i just wanted to fine tune some a/f ratio's for better gas mileage on both of these cars.

· Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
excellent!!

do you think tuning the cruising a/f ratio on both cars to around 16.5:1 is a bit too lean?

i have my wideband AFTER the cat.. so i'm sure it's reading a bit leaner (burning off fuel) but probably not that much leaner..

· Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
really? then if the stock computer still controls the a/f ratio, then what is the use of getting the afc?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.