Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Pro Formula Mazda Driver
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wired these today and they will not shut off when the key is in the off position. Since these are wired off the VPC's field harness, they grab the power from the ECU.

Is there another + wire I can grab the power from that is not constant? I've checked my wiring about 20 times now.

Thanks!

E

·
0 Posts
Sounds like problems

Is your VPC wired in properly???? I don't understand "field harness." What's that?

Anyhow, if you hard wired in your VPC, you got problems. Either you wired it wrong, or your ignition key switch is not working either.

The ECU has both, constant +12V (usually EFI fuse) and a switched +12V source.

Check which is wired to your VPC/S-AFC.

Stan

·
Pro Formula Mazda Driver
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The fields harness is the harness that come with the VPC so that you don't have to tap into your Engine harness. Is basically plugs b/w the engine harness and the ECU.

Do you know which wire on the ECU is the ignition? Everything else is shutting off. Or can you bypass hooking the power sources for the S-AFC and VPC and just wire it directly to the ignition?

E

·
0 Posts
I'm sorry, I don't know the wiring of the 2JZ motors. I wish I owned a 2JZ, as I own an MKIII powered by the 7M.

Hope you can find the problem, you should use a DMM(Digital Multimeter) for troubleshooting.

Stan

·
Registered
254 Posts
My problem was kinda like your except my ignition also won't start. I hooked up my apexi afc to my mkiv ecu the same way the intruction manual(also the mkivsite tec on hooking up the apexi afc) had it. The only way to turn off the afc was to pull the neg. battery plug. Man, after three hours of thinking what I did wrong I tried to regap the brown and black wires on the afc really close to each other. And the problem was solved.

kou

·
Pro Formula Mazda Driver
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Interesting fix. I wired the same way, but the instructions mentioned that they have to be at least 1cm apart, so I did that. After that didn't work, I just wired the VPC (cut it off the harness) and S-AFC directly to my turbo timer. Everything works fine now. I just can't figure why the VPC didn't work right out of the box with it's own harness- there's no way you can screw it up.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I use a ruler to actually measure it, after three hours of the problem. I guess wasn't that far apart from the ruler measurement. It weird that just a little cm off would not start your car.

kou

E

·
0 Posts
Soldering recommended

Hi guys,

I'd highly recommend soldering the connections when hard-wiring any of the aftermarket stuff to your existing harness.

Using IDC(Insulation Displacement Connectors) are not recommended for in-vehicle use, due to excessive vibration.

As for the separate grounds on the ApexI products, this is so, due to having a separate ground for power, and the other for reference(signals).

Stan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts