Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, just got my vpc hooked up and i don't know which one to buy, the hks safr or apexi safc. i did some research and most people use the apexi unit.

my question is if the hks unit is cheaper and has more points for fine tunning, why not get this unit over the apexi...

VPC users please input... especially vpc/safr

which is better and why

thanks

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
im looking for something to tune with also. i would like to know.
is the safcII significantly better then the first one?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
why is the safc better than the safr... safr is cheaper and has more useful function.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
safr has more tuning points than the safc. THe safc 2 has a few extra features. The hks is hte best IMO because its the cheapest and does the job, but the other two certainly look better and can display a few more things.

Ang

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the main reason i am asking is i have heard people say that the vpc does not work well with the hks safr... and most people uses the apexi unit along with the vpc.

·
Life is BOOST
556 Posts
The main reason i swithed from SAFC 1 to SAFC 2 was because of the two maps available for tuning. you can tune your car for lo boost in file 1 and high boost on file 2.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I also run safc with vpc on my sp61gt car works great, its a good combo.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
VPC and HK$ SAFR here. Works fine with no cons that I know of. Tunability is pretty simple. User friendly and you dial in your own tuning points (rpm)
and dials + / -50% on 11 different points IIRC.
I got it because it was cheaper but I've never used the SAFC I or II so I can't make a comparison.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts