Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else have this problem? When the car is stone cold it absolutely does not want to start one little bit. The previous owner told me this only started when the VPC went on. I don't plan on driving this thing on a daily basis in the cold but I really don't want to have to leave 20 minutes early when want to drive it so I can get it started/warmed up

Anyone?

Rob_O

·
Wholesome creamy goodness
648 Posts
Yeah, I got the same problem. I can start up the car just fine, but if I take the car for a spin without it warming up all the way and if I hit boost while the car's still cold, even a little bit, it'll stall on me after I let off the gas. It gets kind of dangerous because it you lose the powersteering when you stall so it can catch you off guard. But, yeah, I have let it warm up well for about 10-15 minutes on a cold day. I put some new Denso Iridium plugs in which really helped my idle out and helped a little with the cold stalling problem. I'm thinking maybe if I go with HKS Twin Power ingnition it may help out a bit more, but I'm not sure. Maybe someone here knows what we can do about this...Darshana S...

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't have a supra, but I've got a VPC on my GVR4. I also had issues with the car starting cold when I first put it on. It just comes out to a little tuning. Make sure that you're idle setting and response is correct.

·
Wholesome creamy goodness
648 Posts
The idle setting doesn't do squat for the Supra because the ECU automatically readjusts it after awhile. The response does help, but not in regards to the idle. The only thing that has helped my idle out are the Iridium plugs...I had the NGK 3330's before and the idle was absolutely horrible. Now the idle is considerable better, but still there are still sometime when the car dies after some cold runs without letting the car fully warmed up...Darshana S...

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Supraman16 said:
The idle setting doesn't do squat for the Supra because the ECU automatically readjusts it after awhile. The response does help, but not in regards to the idle. The only thing that has helped my idle out are the Iridium plugs...I had the NGK 3330's before and the idle was absolutely horrible. Now the idle is considerable better, but still there are still sometime when the car dies after some cold runs without letting the car fully warmed up...Darshana S...
Okay. Didn't know that. :p I was running into the problem of the idle being so low and the response was off. I'd hit the gas and with the way I had the response set, the car would just cut.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts