Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who is running a 440cc chip with 550cc injectors in their 7MGTE car? How lonc and did it work nice?

·
Registered
370 Posts
well i had to run 680's with my 440 chip. It was rich as all hell but then i got the 550 chip and it cleared alot of things up. My suggestion is just to buy the 550 chip its cheap and u wont run so rich u get bogged down

·
Heavy Metal Momentum
1,121 Posts
FWIW Mike, I'm running a techtom 440 program with 550s/Lex and seeing A/Fs over 10:1 (9.7 in places)
Brian

·
LEADED FUEL ONLY
2,068 Posts
If you can burn the chip, I've got the data. Burning a chip isn't a big deal.. pretty easy to do if you've got the equipment.

I bet an electronics store (not radioshack) would do this for you for little to no money.

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the 550cc chip in my VPC. Car just runs fat in everyday driving and its almost perfect at WOT. I have heard you can run a 440cc chip in the VPC to knock back fuel during non WOT driving.

·
Search
3,305 Posts
I was told that as well, that some people have better luck with a 440 chip running 550's, which is why i'm buyinga 440 chip, for my 440's, then keeping itwhen i upgrade to 550's

·
boost freak
10,042 Posts
aljordan said:
If you can burn the chip, I've got the data. Burning a chip isn't a big deal.. pretty easy to do if you've got the equipment.

I bet an electronics store (not radioshack) would do this for you for little to no money.
since when do you have the data? what else you got? we should look into building a DB of various data files....

·
LEADED FUEL ONLY
2,068 Posts
drjonez said:
since when do you have the data? what else you got? we should look into building a DB of various data files....
I've had this data for a while. Its a .bin file. We read the chip we got from HKS. I've got both 550 and 440 data I think.

Jobe and myself thought we could adjust the 550 chip's data to make it closer to 720s.

If you want this info, shoot me a PM.

·
Super Moderator
10,138 Posts
Mike 92LX said:
I have the 550cc chip in my VPC. Car just runs fat in everyday driving and its almost perfect at WOT. I have heard you can run a 440cc chip in the VPC to knock back fuel during non WOT driving.
That seems kind of backwards, wouldn't the 440cc chip be keeping the injectors open longer at any given point? Using a 550cc chip with 440's would result in leaner A/F's because the 550cc chip pulls duty cycle to compensate for the 550s... or am I missing something here?

I'm running a 550cc chip with denso purple top 550's. I added a JDM Mine's ECU to the mix and you can see how much it messed up my A/F's in my dyno sheet in my sig. Before I added the ECU I never had it on a wideband but the spark plugs were perfectly grey and the car idled much better.

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not sure. I have 550cc injectors with a 550cc chip in the VPC. At wot car runs fine(12.0s on wide band) but fat everywhere else. I think I will change to a new o2. Scanned it for codes-nothing but it could be dead.

·
Powerful Jedi.....
474 Posts
What about 550 chip with 440 injectors?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts