Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I wanted to pick up a fields harness for wiring in my boost controller and bcc. I've found what looks to be a VPC harness and wanted to know if it will function just the same with the addition of having vpc pigtails? I plan to get a vpc in the near future so this will be a plus. Please let me know pros and cons of using this harness, I'm most likely going to buy it tonight.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
You will need to reverse engineer it to get your airflow and temperature sigs in. It looks like it's also been hacked-up a bit too. If I were you, and you plan to add devices later, I'd buy new and save soldering and potential headaches up the road. I don't know anything about your budget so it's up to you.

·
11,221 Posts
The "VPC" harness may have #66 (maf signal) cut in half which you may have to resolder if you are not running the vpc.

All harnesses are the same, they prevent you from cutting the factory one.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Justin,

the fields harness is for vpc, safc, map ecu, bcc. the boost controller goes no where near the harness fyi. as for the vpc harness, im not really sure what it can and cant do

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In the instructions for my SBC i-color it looks like it says to connect two of the boost controller wires to the harness (one for speed and one for rpm). Can anyone please confirm this for me?? I haven't been driving the car just because these wires are not hooked up. I would like to drive it this weekend if it will function alright without them. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I'm not up to date with the new i-color but it seems to me that it has the features of the older power meter that some people pair with the sbc-id. it allows you to adjust boost depending on speed or rpm. if that's the case, then you do need to tap into the harness

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just called blitz and they said i don't need to hook those wires up unless i wanted to control boost based on those variables. Right now i could give two shits, i just want to drive the fuckin car. Thanks guys!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts