Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all,

Has anyone run a VPC with the correct engine chip on an engine with stock injectors? Reason I ask is I have a 1G-GTE I have a VPC with the 1G chip in it. I have stock injectors, upgraded turbo and intercooler and exhaust.

If I set the dials to zero, would this mean that the VPC is not changing anything and the ECU will receive the same signal as if there was the stock AFM there?

Thanks

Hunt

·
LEADED FUEL ONLY
2,068 Posts
Sorta correct. HKS wants you to believe it would offer no correction. just as if the AFm was in place.

It would depend upon install.. for instance. The 7m vpc uses a resistor in place of the air temp sensor that is located inside the afm. Since you're now using a set value for air temp and letting the VPC use its own temp sensor it could (and likely is) telling the ECU a different volume of air. Which the ECU would inject a different amount of fuel.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess the only way to know for sure would be to dyno it or use a wideband o2 sensor.

Has anyone put a VPC on a stocker?

·
Beats and Rhythm
2,732 Posts
So you have the correct chip inside the VPC for your 1ggte?

And you are wondering if you left all the dials to "0" if it woudl read the "stock" metering?

I would say PROBABLY correct. The chip is ( if you have the right chip for your mods or lack there of) pre programmed for the stock system, just the VPC head unit can "tune" the fuel and idle and such.

Then if you want a more fine tune you obviously get the GCC OR you can go with an SAFC (II) which should splice in fine. I have heard no problems of the Apex unit working in conjuction with the HKS devices, even a nice kind youg girl at HKS USA told me that the SAFC should work FINE. But of course she added a speal about voltage fading down stream and had a nice little talk about "buying a new GCC III from us today for alot cheaper" LOL......

HK$ never ceases to amaze me hahahaha

-Jonathan

·
Beats and Rhythm
2,732 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
simann said:
So you have the correct chip inside the VPC for your 1ggte?

And you are wondering if you left all the dials to "0" if it woudl read the "stock" metering?

I would say PROBABLY correct. The chip is ( if you have the right chip for your mods or lack there of) pre programmed for the stock system, just the VPC head unit can "tune" the fuel and idle and such.

Then if you want a more fine tune you obviously get the GCC OR you can go with an SAFC (II) which should splice in fine. I have heard no problems of the Apex unit working in conjuction with the HKS devices, even a nice kind youg girl at HKS USA told me that the SAFC should work FINE. But of course she added a speal about voltage fading down stream and had a nice little talk about "buying a new GCC III from us today for alot cheaper" LOL......

HK$ never ceases to amaze me hahahaha

-Jonathan
Thanks for the info. I deffinatly have the correct chip for my engine. As it sits all I would have done is changed from twin turbo to a single (which isn't really a big one, about the same as a CT26 actually), air filter, exhaust and intercooler. Surely those mods wouldn't really matter in this matter?

I have an HKS Super-AFR which I will use when I put the 7M 440cc injectors (currently the 1G has 320cc ones (remember its a 2 litre engine))

Cheers

Hunt

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So has anyone put a VPC or know someone who has put a VPC into a 1G-GTE?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Actually - the 7M-GE uses flapper door, similar to the 1G, has anyone got any info on a 7M-GE with a VPC??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts