Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since mkiv.com is down, and i donot have vpc harness, anyone know how to hardwiring the vpc to a 97 mkiv tt?
also, is there any disadvantage without using the vpc harness?
i have heard i need some sort of resistors for 97~98 mkiv, right?
what kind and how to do it?

thanks.:)

·
462 Posts
Get the harness!!!

You'll be glad you did! Otherwise, you'll be kicking yourself in the A$$ when you have to cut the factory harness and wires are too short, or you cut too much off. Plus, you cannot return to stock easily for trouble shooting or sale.

Do not penny pinch here!!! The VPC harness is a quality piece and should not be left out!

Good luck...and get the harness!!!!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but the thing is i already hardwired the vpc on the car already, but i keep having engine check light, i used scantron to check, got the code saying that the air flow sensor problem, i am assuming it's hardwire problem, that's why i asked how to hardwiring vpc, because when i did it according to mkiv.com,
also, i did post on hksusa.com forum for asking the resistor, just wanna know if anyone here how to and know how to do it right on ODII mkiv.

thanks

Spool said:
Get the harness!!!

You'll be glad you did! Otherwise, you'll be kicking yourself in the A$$ when you have to cut the factory harness and wires are too short, or you cut too much off. Plus, you cannot return to stock easily for trouble shooting or sale.

Do not penny pinch here!!! The VPC harness is a quality piece and should not be left out!

Good luck...and get the harness!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I am installing my vpc this weekend too but,

The vpc harnass is like $670 though.
where can i get them cheaper.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Don't waste your money on the HKS VPC harness, but by all means get the Field One Touch Harness (I paid $140 for mine a couple years ago, but I'm not sure what the current going rate is) and use that to make any connections to the ECU wires. I think I saw where one of the on-line parts people just got a bunch of the Field's harnesses in stock.

Steve

·
Moderator, Boost Addict
2,597 Posts
Boost Junkie said:
Don't waste your money on the HKS VPC harness, but by all means get the Field One Touch Harness (I paid $140 for mine a couple years ago, but I'm not sure what the current going rate is) and use that to make any connections to the ECU wires. I think I saw where one of the on-line parts people just got a bunch of the Field's harnesses in stock.

Steve
I have the fields I believe if you need them. Email me

Adam

·
Registered
247 Posts
You don't need the harness. It's only three wires you have to tap in from what I can remember. You don't even need to cut anything. You need to put a resistor in the MAF harness. That's probably where your check engine code is coming from. The instructions on the site tell you what value to use. Just put it in the MAF harness under the hood instead of cutting wires at the ecu.

·
Blue 03 cobra I wish :)
251 Posts
Usual R Suspex said:
I am installing my vpc this weekend too but,

The vpc harnass is like $670 though.
where can i get them cheaper.

so when u buy vpc it doesnt come with vpc harness right
so just vpc $1200 + $670 vpc harness = 1870.00 is this right
if yes omg :eek: :eek: :eek: $$$$$$

·
462 Posts
No. I paid ~$1,100 for the VPC kit w/ harness.

I also had a Fields harness that I sold.

There are also two connectors that are built onto the VPC harness that you are forgetting, for the incoming connector for the MAP/Temp probe and leading to the VPC head unit. This is a nice feature!!! :D

I think VPC's w/o harness are around $800 so harness extra $$ in most used cases is only about $200. Well worth it vs. the fields. ... The VPC harnes is much more than a hack into a fields harness!!!!

You don't need the harness, however, it's just the cleanest and best way to do it. IMHO.

Later.

·
Blue 03 cobra I wish :)
251 Posts
:D
I am still deciding should I go with vpc or aem management

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Damn, I already bought a fields harnass. I did't know it was that easy to install it. ( read mkiv notes)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts