Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just hardwired the VPC.. The problem is that the AFC instructions said that pin #66 was the ECU MAF signal and the VPC instructions I got say taht #63 is the MAF signal. I finished installing it now and the car tries to start but then dies. Any ideas? Also, can someone give me a better diagram of how the hoses in the engine bay are hooked up? Do I put the hose from the turbo pressure sensor(the stock one near the temp probe) back into the stock black T?
thanks
Roger

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
SUPRA500 love the baltic blue ;)

also rnitto did you use the resistor in you vpc install or not get in touch with melvin he can hel you out here im sure !

·
Registered
298 Posts
Which wire did you end up installing the pressure sensor reading on? 63 or 66??

Sounds to me like you arent getting a pressure sensor reading into the VPC. My car did the same thing when i forgot to plug in the Pressure Sensor.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
vpc

Aaron,
heheh, just before I read your post I was thinking in my mind of where I mounted the VPC temporarily, and then I remembered that I never fed the plug across to plug it in! So it MUST be due to the fact that I didn't plug in the pressure sensor and temp probe wire from the engine bay! Also, #66 is correct and I left it there where I had the AFC hooked up before. When I get home I'll plug it in and I should be good to go. As for the resistor, I put it on the 2 wires on the ECU, if I put it in the MAF does it matter which pins I stick it in?
thanks
Roger

1 - 6 of 6 Posts