Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just getting a idea on how to set up the vpc before racing it on race gas.... full bpu with underdrive pulleys and greddy sidemount no fuel controller... let me know response,gain, idle i was thinking of just setting the response at 3:00, the gain at 10a and the idle at 2p any info may help.... Kevin..

·
Registered
247 Posts
Just leave all the knobs at 12o'clock. You don't want to lean out your gain. It affects the whole rpm range. I've played with the response on mine, and it makes no difference. Maybe it would with a single. And why would you want to richen your idle?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the response just controls the amount of fuel that is immediately injected; so you may get a little jerkiness from running too rich off idle if you turn it too high

in general though, it seems to be best to turn the response as high as possible without getting the jerkiness off idle; you get a little quicker "response" to your gas pedal pushing -- it seems to me anyways

unless you have upgraded injectors, the gain and idle should be at 12:00 unless you are sure of your A/F ratios at all RPM's

Setting the gain at 10a means you are leaning out the whole mixture AT ALL RPM's by 4%. If you have an A/F gauge & EGT gauges and you are running rich, then you can lean out your gain some. However, if you are not running rich, and you lean it out, you can blow your engine. So I wouldn't do it unless I was sure. It is better to be on the safe side. :)

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
IMO you're either nuts or don't mind if you damage your engine if you push a modded Supra hard without knowing the AFR. I've seen Supras all over the map in terms of AFRs after installing a VPC. Most were running rich on the top end with the knobs set at 12 o'clock, but a few were running dangerously lean. Get a built-in wideband for street tuning or go to a dyno with a wideband and see what sort of AFR you're running before assuming anything.

Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts