Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally went to a standalone (that works ) on my MKIV. I have left over an E-manage Ultimate, VPC (w MKIV "B" chip), an AVC-R, SAFC-II, AEM CDI and an Apexi ITC. My MKIV ran well on the ABC setup, but would the E-Manage Ultimate be a better add to my MKIII than the (tried and proven) ABC? Anyone out here successfully running the EM-U on there MKIII that might have some thoughts on this?
BTW, my auto 1988 T presently has N/A cams, hardpipes, stock I/C, Lexus AFM, 3" D/P w big elbow, 440 injectors, stock CT-26, Profec B, no cats and a 3" exhaust. I'm looking for best the choice for a daily driver.

Thanks in Advance;
Will

·
9,000,000 lbs of BOOOOST!
625 Posts
theres no pre cal made for it. Staring from scratch pretty much. My guess is it has more to do with improper tuneing than "bugs".

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
vpc

·
Supra Fan
4,115 Posts
I dont understand why anyone would still want to use a vpc considering you could get a complete maftpro kit w/speed density for the same price...:dunno: :scratch: vpc is the way of the dinosaur now a days....

·
2,279 Posts
NJsupraA70 said:
I dont understand why anyone would still want to use a vpc considering you could get a complete maftpro kit w/speed density for the same price...:dunno: :scratch:
Because he already has it from him MK4.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
outofstep said:
Because he already has it from him MK4.
Thanks for clearing that up...:)

I've already gone thru 3 of the "newer" standalones on my MKIV, I LIKE the idea of old, tried and proven (over the years even) for my semi-daily driver, trust me............. I might even be able to install and tune this MYSELF, probably saving 8-10 hrs @ 80 bucks installation per hour for a change............:(

Thanks for the input folks, I guess I'll be going with tried and true and paid for!

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
VPC is fine for his needs and plenty of people have gone fast with it. I did 512RWHP and ran mid 11s with a stock shortblock 7M with a VPC. Its fine.

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
emu would be too much of a headache for a dd.. vpc ftw..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts